At 6 weeks my HCG Level was already very high!

Hi There,

I posted here a couple of weeks ago after I had my first U/S which I believed I was 5w6d. During the U/S it turned out i was already 6w5d which made me wonder and worried because they couldn't detect the heartbeat and rescheduled me for another U/S a week later. I wanted to thank you all for your support that day. Anyway, I had my second U/S two days ago with a different nurse at a different location and she told me i am now only 6 weeks and she finally could see the heartbeat. So just to put all the facts together. Two days ago I thought i would be 7w, the first midwife thought I would be now 8w and the (new) midwife said i am now 6 weeks. Both midwives are two weeks apart. For me 6 weeks make definitely more sense than 8 weeks but here is my actual question. They also tested my HCG level the whole time and the day i had my first U/S my HCG level was a little over 9000. Three days later it was at 19000 and the day I had my second U/S it was at 51000. So is it normal that the HCG level is that hight at 6 weeks. The midwife didn't say anything about twins and I am sure she would have seen it on the U/S.

Thanks a lot.

TrueGrit80

Asked by TrueGrit80 at 9:43 AM on May. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Twins hide. One can hide behind the other. It could be more then one baby with a higher then normal hcg level.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 9:48 AM on May. 20, 2011

• a lot of times you can tell its twins until they are bigger!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 10:16 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Call the midwife and ask her, or look up the levels online. Do twins run in your family at all?
    luv.my.kids.365

Answer by luv.my.kids.365 at 10:36 AM on May. 20, 2011