This is probably a stupid question and the answer is probably no but..

Is there anyway to tell your dilation without the dr checking you? I went to the hospital a few days ago and was at a 1 and I was having contractions. Well i'm still having them just only for a few hours at a time. And I dont have another drs appt til the 16th. So I was just wondering if there was anyway to tell. Sorry if you think I'm stupid for asking. I'm pretty sure the answer is no but i thought I woul d ask anyway.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yes, it is the same way that the Dr. does it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• There is, you can always check yourself but I HIGHLY reccomend you don't. You can cause infection and many other things, and not many people know how to do it right themselves. I've been dilated at 1 since 28 weeks, I haven't felt much change I think you'd know if things start to progress. Good luck!
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 11:17 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• you or your dh could manually check you but then you risk the chance of infection. I would just wait it out. It is not to far away from your appt. If you start getting more contractions closer then go to l&d and they will check you
    duckey060504

Answer by duckey060504 at 11:17 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• see thats the thing I think I am. But I cant tell and I dont know how to do it. Can you feel it happening?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• dilation usually happens with contractiosn, call your doctor.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 11:25 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• You could be dialating but very slowly. With my second baby i was dialated to a 3 a week b4 i had her. You could call and speak with your doctor and see what he/she wants to do with you or you could wait to see if the contractions get closer together. GL
    Anonymous