CO-SLEEPING WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Whats your opinion on co-sleeping? I always thought never!!.........Last night when my son wouldnt sleep what do I do...Pull him into the bed and put him between us. He finally fell asleep in daddys arms, I did eventually put him in his crib. I have changed my opinion on this since he was born. He sleeps better being with us and I sleep better being able to hear his breathing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I don't have a problem with it. Sometimes you have to use your mommy heart to do what is best to comfort your child.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 11:27 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I don't like it bc I am afraid my husband will roll over on him so I don't sleep well with him in the bed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• i did with my son for a lil while when DH was in iraq but my DH says a big NO so when he was under a year yes but older no
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 11:29 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I could never do it, I couldn't sleep well with my kids right next to me. But I know others that do and it works great for them. Sometimes when they get older it can be hard to get them to stay in their own bed, but that's not unusual with kids that don't co-sleep either.  Do what works for you, since sleep is such a commodity when they are little.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:33 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• We have co-slept since our son(2 1/2 now) was born, usually not ALL night but he does sleep 100% better in our bed and its safer because I can keep an eye on him. Honestly I sleep better with him in our bed too, because I dont wake up 100 times a night to check on him.
    jjmloper

Answer by jjmloper at 11:36 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I co-sleep with my daughter, and love it. The only problem is now that she is 8 months old it is going to be so hard for my to get her out of my bed. The way I look at it is that kids grow up so quickly that I'm just going to take as much of her childhood as much as I can. It's a little different when it comes to co-sleeping with daddy in the bed. My doc told me that there is actually thing as mothers instinct, and since I breastfeed we are kinda on the same sleep schedule. There were studies done that mothers while still sleeping when the child wakes up can comfort there child without even knowing it. Daddy though doesn't and really can't have the mother instict. So what I do is have my daughter sleep between me and the wall. So it goes wall, baby, me, dad. It's all of a personal choice though, just though you might like a little more info. Just be safe about it!! :)
    Trishy7

Answer by Trishy7 at 11:39 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• As far as I am concerned children grow so fast and it will not harm your child to co sleep. My now teenage daughters would crawl into bed with my husband and I if they had a bad dream or if they were scared or just needed to cuddle. They always slept in their crib as infants. With my twins who are now four they slept with me since birth I breastfed them, they slept better, I slept better, we were all happy. My husband did start to sleep in the other room. Now one twin sleeps through the night in his own bed occasionally hoping into our bed. His brother well, he is still sleeping with me. Hey it wont last forever!

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 11:48 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• We are a co-sleeping family. My oldest son has sleep issues and has wandered at night since he could walk! So I've always had him in our room for fear of him getting away from me or possibly getting out of the house. Then his baby brother was born and I swore he'd sleep in his own bed. Wrong! :D So our bed is full, but I'm content knowing my babies are safe by my side. We catch a lot of flack from family members, but I feel it's not their business. You do what works for your family!

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:59 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I co-slept with my daughter. Any little noise she would make I would hear, I was always there to give her a bottle the minute she needed it, etc. I loved it.... Also we had a scanner (my bf is a fireman and it was always going off for calls) so I knew a monitor wouldn't work for us because it sounds too much like a scanner. She's 11 months old, and still falls asleep with me, and in the morning I bring her to bed so she can wake up with me.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:06 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• When I was pregnant with our first, I woke in the middle of the night to see our little dogs tail sticking out from under my husband. Nothing else, just her tail. That pretty much decided the cosleeping in the bed issue. The dog was fine, but I didn't want to try that with a baby. I used a "co-sleeper" that connected to the bed for a while. My pediatrician didn't say NO, but when my daughters had sleep issues, he said try to move them to the crib, and that many parents do snore and snort all night, keeping the kids awake... and mine ended up sleeping better in the crib.
    erin2well

Answer by erin2well at 12:15 PM on Dec. 7, 2008