At what age did you notice your child needed to start wearing deodorant?

solanamommy

Asked by solanamommy at 12:31 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in General Parenting

• my daughter is 6 1/2 and she wears shower to shower powder and "on gym days" she uses a deodorant stick.
    mamaholly1

Answer by mamaholly1 at 12:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Oh boy! I want to see other answers too!!!
    Around 6 yrs old for both of my girls, but I always wondered-isn't that too early??? I don't think my mom started me till I hit puberty! (around 11)
    Anonymous

• I think it's never too early. My husband said wait until she notices a smell...I say it's to prevent the odor silly!!!
    Anonymous

• My son was never smelly (ok, maybe once the shoes came off) but around age 12 he started asking me to buy him deoderant sprays and masculine scented bodywashes.
    Eliza34

Answer by Eliza34 at 1:26 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My son is going to be 4 years old soon and wants to wear deodorant...I think it is just because he sees me put it on. I let him wear it when he asks.
    bramlettljb

Answer by bramlettljb at 1:32 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My son is 8 and he needed it. During gym and recess this school year it was necessary.
    natenally

Answer by natenally at 2:10 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My son was about 3 and he sweats a lot so I had started him wearing secret. His Dr. said it was fine.
    Mrs.Tate

Answer by Mrs.Tate at 3:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My son started after he turned 9, he noticed that he started to smell when he sweat so we asked his DR and she said yes and told him what kind to buy
    aurora2017

Answer by aurora2017 at 5:49 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My oldest son is 8 and he's been wearing deodorant for about a year. Boys reach an age when they start to smell like goats!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 10:39 AM on Jun. 21, 2008