What is something special that you do for the Holidays?

Do you go to the city and look at lights, do you go shopping downtown, do you get together with your whole family. What do you do?

pupmom

Asked by pupmom at 11:34 AM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Holidays

• I love Christmas. Every year I host a cookie exchange party. Our house is very "done-up" as my neighbor would say. We always like to drive around a few nights in December, looking at the other houses and light displays. On of my favorite moments, though, is on Christmas Eve, late at night, the kids are asleep, and my husband and I turn off everything but the Christmas lights (both around the living room and on the tree), and just watch the tree for a while. Sometimes we talk, sometimes not, but it's just a peaceful, happy moment in time that I really love.

This year will be strange...we'll be on the other side of the country, not home for Christmas for the first time in 20 years.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 12:10 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• We live a small town... so what we have been doing is take 2 nights... 1 night to drive throu town and look at the lights... night 2 (not aways back to back and we have done both in one night too) we would drive down to where our mothers live and checkout all of the lights and then take our gs out to burger king .... it's just the 3 of us it's nice to just get out and be together...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:38 AM on Dec. 7, 2008