Do you believe that bad things happen when there is a full moon?

pupmom

Asked by pupmom at 11:35 AM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Just for Fun

• lots of things happen on the full moon nights because of the pull of the moons gravity on the water. Considering we are 98% water things like full term mom's tend to give birth more often on full moons. The night I gave birth to my second child all the birthing rooms were full and woman were delivering in the er. Psych wards also tend to be full and the behavior is worse in there. I don't think bad things happen during the full moon just crazy things.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 1:41 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I don't know about bad things, maybe, but I do know that my mood whatever it happens to be intensifies like crazy when there is a full moon. My SO has commented on it plenty of times.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 11:50 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I can't say bad things happen but my DS (autistic) is super "wild" on those full moons! His speech therapist never believed it until I would let her know when the moons were coming and not just my son but her other patients were affected as well. There really is no scientific proof of it, but I believe! :D
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:54 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Try working in the ER--you'll become a believer! LOL
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 12:03 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• No bad things dont happen during full moons. Good and bad can take place. The reason for this is that we are animals like any other on this earth and "the lunar effect" grabs hold of us. We get more emotional, more hyper or more depressed or whatever. My friends a paramedic and she assures me the hospitals are bumping at full moon. There is alot of talk about it being pseudo science by sociologists and psychologists but it seems to be something that has basis in truth.

Answer by gemgem at 12:06 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• not bad but out of the ordinary. However, it does seem to have an affect on some ppl's behavior that might be considered bad so I don't even leave my apt unless necessary during a full moon. My sister thinks I'm silly but I'm content with my decision.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:25 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Idk for sure but I taught Montesorri preschool for yrs and there is something to be said for the stages of the mood and the behavior of the average 3-4 yr old. I also believe there is something to spring fever!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:36 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I was a Paramedic and worked in ER and on the ambulance. We always wanted to do clinicals on full moon nights because you did see some crazy stuff.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:48 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I agree my mom works at the hospital in the ER and she always gets stressed around this time cause she said either really bad things happen or it really brings the weirdos out!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 1:12 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• My friend works in a place and takes care of the elderly that have dementia, alzheimer's etc..She swears they get a lot worse on the full moon.

TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 1:13 PM on Dec. 7, 2008