Miscarrying but still having pregnancy symptoms....?

I'm suppose to be a little over 4wks...&I'm still dealing with puking....sore breasts... I've miscarried before but didn't still have any symptoms....my miscarriage hasn't been confirmed by a doctor yet but I know the signs&what happens. I talk to my doctor&I don't see her til the 26th. To check my levels. She said if pain worsens or clots then go to er other than that she said bed rest&take my pain meds&just to drink a lot of water¬ stress..... Could I still be pregnant? Or could this be normal? I've had 5 other miscarriages but never have experienced still having symptoms ..........

GirlInTheFedora

Asked by GirlInTheFedora at 10:09 AM on May. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You will experience pregnancy symptoms until the placenta is expelled from your body. If even a tiny piece of it remains intact you will continue to have symptoms.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:25 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I know you are going through a rough time. HUGS! I have had 2 miscarriages, but the second was the hardest to go through. I took a preg test, positive, but before I could go for my first dr appt, I started bleeding. I made an appointment, they did an ultrasound, it looked normal, and took blood to check my hcg levels. Two days later, I went back for more blood work, to see how the levels were. My levels had incresed just over the two days. So we thought I was still pregnant. Went back for the first OB appt, then when they did the ultrasound, no heartbeat was detected(I was susposed to be 9 1/2 wk then). So I had indeed miscarried. It was such a hard thing to have to go through. My body was for some unknown reason was still producing the hormones. I guess everyone and everytime is different. I wish you the best!!!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 10:28 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I had this happen to me. I'm surprised that they're not checking your levels right away.... My doc checked them right away and each week after after my second preg loss. Here is what happened to me during my first loss: I had signs of miscarriage so i went in for an ultrasound and they didn't see a pregnancy in the uterus so they did blood work and told me to come back each week for follow up labs. I remember telling my husband "if i didn't know better, i'd think i was still pregnant". I had morning sickness bad one day. The following week my doc called to say my levels went up. i went back in that day for another ultrasound and it turned out i had an ectopic pregnancy that they missed during the first ultrasound. I was rushed into emergency surgery within a couple of hours. I'm not saying you have an ectopic pregnancy but this was my experience which is why im surprised they're not seeing you right away.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 10:44 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I am so sorry that you have gone thru 5 miscarriages. Hugs
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 1:16 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I really dont know but i'm hoping for the best for you.
    sclee1205

Answer by sclee1205 at 3:56 AM on May. 23, 2011