What food from your past do you miss most?

My grandmother was a gifted cook from South Louisiana. She made the simplest food taste divine. I've spent years trying to recreate her chicken and gravy on toast with no success. I wish I could have her show me how she did it but she's been gone for years.

What do you wish you could eat again?

Asked by jmpj8107 at 10:11 AM on May. 20, 2011 in Food & Drink

• My great grandma's homemade macaroni and cheese.

Answer by scout_mom at 10:14 AM on May. 20, 2011

• My Grandma's apple pie!!

Answer by MizLee at 10:15 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I am originally from southern CA and I used to love In & Out burgers. We dont have them here in NC so I miss those burgers.

Answer by gemgem at 10:16 AM on May. 20, 2011

• my Mom's baking/cooking she was the best baker and cooking person in the world I cannot even begin to try to duplicate her recipes--they never turn out the same I really miss it around the holidays especially her homemade cookies, pies, cake, bread and fudge and just the aroma of the house when she would cook for a holiday

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:26 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Moosemeat. It was a big part of our diet growing up. I'm Ojibway. More recently, poutine! yum!

Answer by Autumn07 at 10:28 AM on May. 20, 2011

• My grandma's wilted lettuce salad, and canned meat. I know how to make both but it's just not the same. And Crispy M&Ms.

• homemade biscuts and gravy

Answer by myfamilymylife1 at 6:38 PM on May. 20, 2011

• My mom's homemade chicken noodle soup. She made these huge noodles that were sooo good. Wish she were alive so she could make them for us. Maybe one of these days I will attempt it.

Answer by lauralivivy at 9:24 AM on May. 22, 2011