Is it possible to make a call from your phone number without using your phone?

I keep getting strange calls from someone saying ive called them and my number is on their caller id. I HAVE NOT been making these calls. It is a very big problem...i wont go into why. So is there a way for someone else to be making calls from my number without having my phone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on May. 20, 2011 in Technology

• I suppose if they use the box up on the line but that's a little crazy and far fetched. Maybe these people are just jerking you around?
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:14 AM on May. 20, 2011

• It would have to be with the outside box if it's not going on in your home. Maybe your child is using the phone. Other than that, I don't know.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:15 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Call your phone company. Something is wrong on their end, it sounds like. That is pretty creepy, though.
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 10:16 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Call your phone company, there are bill collectors and scam artists that in an effort to get people to pick up the phone will use a 'safe' number as a smoke screen! We had this happen with my work phone people were calling us back pissy accusing us of harassment. unfortunately Verizon was unable to do anything for us as they would have needed the phone number of the person being called to trace back the phone call..
    Fnalison

Answer by Fnalison at 10:37 AM on May. 20, 2011

• You need to call your phone company. It sounds as if the lines have been crossed. Just recently a friend of mine was getting phone call from people trying to contact Verizon. The costumers were told to press one, so they would press one and then it would ring at my friends house. It took the phone company 3 days to get it straighten out.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 10:48 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I know they have phone number spoofers online that scammers can use to make it look like a call is coming from a certain number. I don't know how it works, or how or even if you could find out if that's what it is or who did it. As others said, I'd start with the phone company.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 12:51 PM on May. 20, 2011