Do you think it is a waste of money?

to buy bottled water or water from Culligan and have it delivered to your home? If you have water that is fine to drink do you think it is a waste of money getting these type of things?

FYI ZsMommy--I don't have to or need to buy a Brita Filter I have a water softener and filtration system in our basement I was just asking what others do

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 10:23 AM on May. 20, 2011 in Money & Work

• We have a whole house filter

Answer by rkoloms at 1:25 PM on May. 21, 2011

• YES YES YES.........if they water you have in your house (that most peopel already pay for ) it perfectly fine WHY WHY WHY? .....buy the bottled stuff?
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:26 AM on May. 20, 2011

• We used the service when I lived in West Texas. The water was very hard and I didn't like the taste at all. We tried Brita, but it just wasn't enough. It was more convenient and less waste for us to use a delivery service than buying jugs at a grocery store.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:30 AM on May. 20, 2011

• We have a brita filter that goes in the fridge and that is how we drink water at home. If we are going on a field trip I will buy bottled water because I buy for the whole Girl Scout troop. We will refill the same bottle from fountains through the day and then take back the bottles when they are empty and recycle them. For just around the house, though, we don't use water bottles.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:26 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Depends. I suppose if your water quality was fine, then yes. But, I am moving to where they found toxins in the water and it scored a 4 out of 10. I ain't drinking that mess.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:33 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I used to work at a bottled water place. It is NOT tap water. Everyday when I got there I had to run several of intracate tests to make sure the reverse osmosis system that treated the water was working properly and that the water was free of calcium, bacteria, and other components that are in tap water. It is indeed illegal to advertise water as different from tap when it isn't.

Personally, I had Culligan coming for awhile. It got way too expensive. It's cheaper to go buy your own water cooler and fill up at wal mart, or just buy a Brita water filter.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:37 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I live on bottled water. Where i live, we have sulfer water so it doesn't taste good at all. It's not to the point that it's brown and gross but just the thought of drinking it makes me gag. I've tried the filters but i can still taste and smell the sulfer. Plus our place is older and like gemgem, i dont trust the pipes, especially since i recently had to have the water heater replaced and i kid you not, dirt came out of the faucet. No thank you.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 10:40 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I sometimes do both if their is no tap around I buy a bottle or I carry a bottle around all day and fill it in the cafes on campus.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:27 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Yes. Although I have a few 5-gallon jugs in my garage since I live in a hurricane area.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:28 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I think it is a waste of money. We have a brita filter but my husband has a paranoia about tap water. He will not drink it even if it filtered. So he buys bottles of water. It drives me nuts...
    BetcCarter

Answer by BetcCarter at 10:28 AM on May. 20, 2011