Wyr if you were buying a house: 3 bedrooms + den or 4 bedrooms

No basement

Mel_in_PHX

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 10:36 AM on May. 20, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I have 4 people living in my house (3 adults, one child). Four bedrooms would be ideal.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:36 AM on May. 20, 2011

• For our family I would rather the 4 bedrooms so we had an office with a closet.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:37 AM on May. 20, 2011

• If you have a living room there isn't really a need for a den. But it depends on your living arrangements and how many people.
    chelley123

Answer by chelley123 at 10:38 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I would rather have four bedrooms with closets. Then if I wanted to I could use one of them more as a den. We have 3 little ones and soon to be 4 so the more bedroom would work out for us better.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:38 AM on May. 20, 2011

• depends on ur family, how many kids do u have, i'd go with the 3 + den, i only have 2 daughters, so that would leave me with a den and possibly mini gym !! hopefully!
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 10:39 AM on May. 20, 2011

• We have a 4 bedroom with 3 children.. I would buy the home that had the most of what you need/want in a home.. Price and location would also be a factor..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:39 AM on May. 20, 2011

• four bedrooms
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:43 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I would go for the 4 bedroom. We have 4 bedrooms, the extra one is an office/closet for dh.
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 10:43 AM on May. 20, 2011

• 3 + den. its what we have now. i turned the den/office into my scrapbook room :)
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 10:45 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Thanks ladies... We currently own a house with 3 bd and a den and it fit our lifestyle perfectly for 6 years... now, with a growing family we are considering turning the den into a 4th bedroom. Its rather simple, actually, because the floor plan was designed to have either a 4th bd or a den so all we have to do is add a closet door (the space is already there), add a door way in the hall, wall off the current opening, and move the light switch. Anyway, we are going to be selling our house in about 3 years so I was wondering if we would see a return on our investment. If we do the work ourselves it will only be around 1k. We are do-it-yourselfers... its fun.
    Mel_in_PHX

Comment by Mel_in_PHX (original poster) at 10:50 AM on May. 20, 2011