Anyone with Depression: Are you currently on meds and feel fine EXCEPT for a couple days before AF up to several days into AF?

I am having some severe PMS or something lately. I have been on meds for depression/anxiety/OCD for almost a year, and my last increase was about 6 months ago. For about the last 3-4 months, every time I'm about to start AF, I turn into this psycho- crying at random and being on edge and irrationally angry/irritable. Like it's REALLY bad. I don't know what to do. It seems to be getting worse every month. Has anyone else experienced something like this? Can my regular doc, who prescribed the meds in the first place, help me?

lovingmy4babies

Asked by lovingmy4babies at 10:42 AM on May. 20, 2011 in Health

• i delt with that suffering problem for years . it is a horrible feeling, i described as coming out of my skin. i tried anti anxiety meds and such to no avail, they always seemed to make my problem worse so i stoped went to prayer and the bible and found comfort there. i had to learn and except this was apart of me and i was going to either let it run and ruin my life or to except im powerless over it. now i know i can't tell everyone to go med free, but im just telling you i am a walking, talking proof that you can get better. This is just my personal experience. and god do i know how you feel. i hated that anxious, cringing feeling and feeling like the whole room was spinning and feeling mad, angry and sad all at the same time. if you wanna talk message me

God Bless your heart

fun3oo

Answer by fun3oo at 10:51 AM on May. 20, 2011

• no, no, no not a reg md. make an appt. with a psyche. It sounds like you may have been misdiagnosed and may really have bipolar. That's what happened to me. I was diagnosed with depression and suffered needlessly for 13 years before I got the right diagnosis. I went to the OB and told them I needed something for PMS and no help. Reg. Dr. didn't help. My son's father noticed a nite of erratic behaviour and ask when I saw a psyche last. Luckily, we have a pretty good relationship so I listened to him. I wrote down my symptoms, including the long periods of being angry and was diagnosed as bi polar. I am in much better shape now and wish to God I had been diagnosed sooner.
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 11:22 AM on May. 20, 2011

• oh, and God created Drs. as sometimes that is the answer to your prayers.
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 11:32 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Thanks, fun and holly. I agree with you, holly- I originally went in because I thought I was bipolar, and it runs in the family, so I know what it looks like. I had asked for a referral, since I need one with my insurance, but they were sure they could help me. Looks like I will be asking for that referral again! Thanks again!
    lovingmy4babies

Comment by lovingmy4babies (original poster) at 11:41 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I have the same thing and have days like this please go to my journals and read them. I am here for you if you need to talk; you can add me as a friend and then you can access my profile also. I understand fully and also have been on medicine and through therapy have had bipolar and depression for 12 years. It is not fun and there are days that all I want to do is cry and my therapist told me to just go ahead and cry that it does help. Here are some links to my journals. Feel free to add me so we can talk.

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1657526/Depression

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1660687/Depression

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1661387/Understanding_Bipolar
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:21 AM on Jun. 7, 2011