Who else is married to a control freak, a jealous one...?

ya know, the kind that has to tell you what to do and how to do it, and no matter how many times you point out you know how to do it, they'll still tell you how its supposed to be done. and will never admit you did it right. when everything you do is more than good enough, even extreme, to anybody else , but never enough to them. they'll alwys point out what u didnt do, and how u forgot. watches your every move and point out ur mistakes. is critical in front of family, especially his. even his family never knows whats so funny. today i told him i want to knock him down, he insists nothing is wrong with our relationship and that everything i complain about is absurd. i'm basically making this all up. we've got into too may fights before. i told him i dont like going out together with him anymore because he's just evil and embarrassing. i'm definitely not wrong, but how do i make him see that. he just won't/ like he's blind.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on May. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• Sounds like it is time for some marriage counseling...if he thinks everything you do it wrong he isn't going to believe you when you tell him what he is doing. Either that or start carrying a recorder in your pocket and record his bad behavior. Play it back for him and see what he says.
    BetcCarter

Answer by BetcCarter at 10:59 AM on May. 20, 2011

• lol anon...

I know a few husbands like that, but not mine. I put up a fight...he knows not to F*ck with me....hahaha
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:59 AM on May. 20, 2011

• LMAO @ Anon!!!
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 10:59 AM on May. 20, 2011

• You cant change someone. I was married to a control freak...emphasis on WAS. I kicked him to the curb,

Answer by gemgem at 11:02 AM on May. 20, 2011

• my dh is married to a recovering-control freak..but she's ain't jealous.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:03 AM on May. 20, 2011

• They never change that is why I am single.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:03 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I dated one for a while until I realized they don't change.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:05 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Not I, thank God..but I don't understand why anyone would stay with a person like that.
    .MommieAJ.

Answer by .MommieAJ. at 11:15 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Unfortunately nothing will change until HE begins to see that he is a control freak and HIS attitude and how he treats you is the problem. Until he sees it, admits he has a problem and is willing to seek help there really is not much to do to change it. So you can either stay with him put up with it and be stuck in that same cycle over and over again, or you can leave. You could try counseling or suggest it to him, but until he sees he has a problem and is willing to change any counseling he does he would probably bs his way thru it and it would be a waste of time and money. (and knowing he is in denial he would probably refuse to go to counseling anyway)
    I lived that way for many years, and it was NOT a good situation. My 'advice' would be to leave him.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:18 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I WAS married to one.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:28 AM on May. 20, 2011