I have no idea what I want to do.

Most people come out of school knowing that there is 1 job that they want to do.

I have no clue. If I went to college, it would only be to get higher up in my company and I'm not that passionate about it. I like a lot of things but nothing enough to strive to do.

How does someone who has no clue what they want to do/be, figure it out?

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 11:12 AM on May. 20, 2011 in Money & Work

• I just read the book Three feet from Gold. It recommended you make a list of the things you love and the things you are good at. 10 of each. Then go through and ask friends even to narrow it down to 1 on each list. Then that will help you find what you are looking for.
    AmyMK

Answer by AmyMK at 4:25 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Do you know what you do Not want to do? That narrows the list, the next category will be do you like physical work or just mental type. .
    sweet11-12

Answer by sweet11-12 at 11:21 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Hang around wait it out and try things in the meantime:)
    LadyMitres

Answer by LadyMitres at 11:14 AM on May. 20, 2011

• You can start college and just get a general degree without a concentration :) Usually people figure it out along the way. Me, for example completed 6 years of college and received degrees in criminal justice and still have no idea what I'd like to do with it :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 11:29 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Just follow your heart. Sadly so many people who go to college never use the degree they earned. Wish you well!!
    joinTStoday

Answer by joinTStoday at 1:12 PM on May. 20, 2011

• write down your interests and hobbies. Are you really passioante about anything? These can give you clues as to what area to look for a job in. Also you might google 'Personal Interest Inventory' and look at some of the links. Many will provide questions to help you decide. (But do not pay for any of these lists/questions). GL!
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 8:14 AM on May. 21, 2011

• What is the career path associated with your degree?

Answer by rkoloms at 1:27 PM on May. 21, 2011

• LadyMitres...been doing that....I'm now 34.
    Jademom07

Comment by Jademom07 (original poster) at 11:24 AM on May. 20, 2011