Someone is telling people I'm a child molester!

So my brother just left his abusive wife. She has been messaging me on facebook and I told her I didn't want to speak to her. threatening and being rude and nasty. She has now made up the very untrue, pathetic story that I am a child molester. No one believes her of course. But it really bothers the shit out of me. She even threatened to call child services on me, which is fine, I'm not doing anything wrong. She's so stupid because the license I have for work requires a nation wide backround check that I passsed with flying colors. I don't even value this persons thoughts and she's so insignificant to me. Why does this just make me sick? What can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on May. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• Keep a copy of everything she wrote about you and tell her point blank if she does not stop lying about you and slandering you, you WILL take legal action against her! That might put some fear in her and stop her! It might be a good idea to consider a restraining order against her as well.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:21 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Isn't this considered libel or slander or some other thing that's technically illegal? Take legal action if necessary. That's crap!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Because she CAN try to ruin that job for you. Even if you didn't do anything, a base-less accusation like that can ruin it. My hub was accused of raping someone (she kept changing her story, so OSS didn't believe anything coming out of her mouth), but he still almost lost his job in the USAF. He was scheduled to put on Staff at a certain time, but because this bitch did that, they with-held that stripe for 6 months, obviously costing us a LOT of money!

If she does call, she can be prosecuted for filing a false report. *Hugs*
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:23 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Sue her for libel or whatever it is when people are purposing lying about you.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:31 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Yea, slander.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:32 AM on May. 20, 2011

• If you work in a field with children she could harm your career. This is slander. Do as the previous posters recommended and keep evidence.
    BetcCarter

Answer by BetcCarter at 11:34 AM on May. 20, 2011

• No, I don't work with children. Actually I'm not worried about what she can do. All they have to do is consider the source. My family is huge and told her to STFU. I have a ton of support. I'm more trying to not let it bother me because I know nothing will become of this, and that it's a desparate ploy. She threatened to press charges against my brother saying he touched her daughter because he was trying to leave her. Her daughter was 17 and said she was lying. This woman also beat herself up and called the cops trying to get her last boyfriend arrested. It didn't work, they saw right through it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:38 AM on May. 20, 2011

• we all have psycho's in our families, you have to ignore it. they are looking for attention however they can. the good part is no one is believing her and that helps alot. block her from everything online and phone and whatever else. She will hopefully come to her senses and leave you alone. if not then i would pursue pressing charges on her for harrassment.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 2:07 PM on May. 20, 2011

• THINK WELL
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 12:18 PM on May. 21, 2011