What were the first signs you noticed before you found out u were pregnant?

Did anyone have a light period/ bleeding before you knew you were pregnant? what were your first signs and how far along were you when you found out you were pregnant? I'm sure you guys get this question every single day but every pregnancy/woman is different and id just like to compare some of your experiences to my situation at the momment :-)

Fox510

Asked by Fox510 at 11:22 AM on May. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• The first time, I didn't know for 7 weeks. I leaned against the counter when cooking something and my abdomen hurt when I did so and thought it was weird. I had to pee like every 30 minutes, too.

With my son, I had the pee issue, but was really tired and my nipples hurt like all hell. Not my breasts at all, but through the whole pregnancy, my nipples killed.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:26 AM on May. 20, 2011

• First sign was a late period, followed by having to pee more often.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 11:30 AM on May. 20, 2011

• i was spotting last week. i thought my period was just early. but it was weird. just a little pink then some brown but not enough to even have to use a pad. went for blood work and im 5 weeks pregnant!. had sore breasts for a few days but that was it
    mykidsmom86

Answer by mykidsmom86 at 11:31 AM on May. 20, 2011

• haha i hear you my breasts arnt sore its just my left nipple i dont know whhyy weird but that could just be my timeof the month telling me its going to return since my body cheated it and i only had a 4 hour period the day i was supposed to have it
    Fox510

Comment by Fox510 (original poster) at 11:32 AM on May. 20, 2011

• mykidsmom86 that kinda sounds like my situation a little bit only my "period" came on time and i had small clots it was just only a 4 hour period haha i peed on a stick and it said negative but im gonna take another one later cause thats happened to me 2 times before where it said negative and two later it was positive
    Fox510

Comment by Fox510 (original poster) at 11:34 AM on May. 20, 2011

• With all 5 my boobs hurt. That was how i knew.

Answer by gemgem at 11:36 AM on May. 20, 2011

• With DD I had IUI, so I was more concerned about it and I was not sure if the pains I had were related to pregnancy or the IUI. With DS, DD had been sick and doc said a stomach flu was going around, I started feeling funny in my stomach area and when DD got better and I didn't I had a blood test done. Pee stick tests have never been good for me(got a positive when not pregnant and a negative when pregnant). I was about 9 weeks, my period has never been regular so I never thought about it not happening(it had been almost three months since my period).
    nova.mommy

Answer by nova.mommy at 11:50 AM on May. 20, 2011

• In retrospect, the first signs I should have noticed was a craving for Sonic mozzarella sticks at 9 in the morning and that nothing fit anymore. I thought that I was just tired because I'd just come through my nursing preceptorship and that I was late because of stress from final exams and graduation. Nope, it was all Mr. Stork's doing it seems...
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 11:52 AM on May. 20, 2011

• keep us posted after you test again!!!!
    mykidsmom86

Answer by mykidsmom86 at 11:53 AM on May. 20, 2011

• haha sonic sounds pretty good right now actually. See you guys all have pretty normal "how i found out i was pregnant" stories idk if im pregnant i think my body is just all kinds of messed up :-/ i will deff keep you guys posted and thank you all for sharing your experiences! oh btw does anyone know if the 8 dollar right aid brand pregnancy test actually detects early pregnancy? whats the best brand to buy for that does anyone know?
    Fox510

Comment by Fox510 (original poster) at 11:59 AM on May. 20, 2011