Another cute thing my DD said

DD and I were looking at crib bedding earlier (I posted a question a little bit ago asking which girl set everyone liked better) well we started looking at boy sets and I found a cute monkey one and said "What do you think about this if you have another brother?" She relpies "I dont much like brothers...I like Mason, but I dont like brothers! I very much like a sister though!" LOL...how can I explain to her that she doesn't get to pick? Every time we see a wishing flower she pickes it and says "I wish for a baby sister and a kitten" She has her heart set that she is going to get a sister this time around and I can't seem to get he to accept it could be a boy lol.

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 11:31 AM on May. 20, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son was sure we were having a boy and they were going to play together all the time! We just found out were expecting a Girl!!! He was a bit disappointed at first but I just told him about how he would have to take care of his baby sister and teach and protect her. He seems pretty excited now. Your situation is trickier... Wait till she's older she will love all the attention from her brothers friends lol you could tell her that if it's a boy it was because she did such a good job being a sister to her brother you needed one more! I know growing up I always wanted a brother! I got two sisters :( when I was four I got a big blue bunny for Easter one year, I packed it around with me everywhere! It was my brother, and that's what I called him. I have no idea today what happened to him but I'll never forget my brother.
    Ashleycash

Answer by Ashleycash at 11:57 AM on May. 20, 2011

• aww, too cute.. Have you picked out possible names? maybe by identifying the baby as a name she'd be more comfortable (like she see's Mason for Mason rather than a little brother).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:12 PM on May. 20, 2011

• My daughter is 5 and wanted a brother...we are having another sister. I kept telling her "we don't get to pick" and she would tell people "We want a boy but we aren't going to pick this time" LOL...like maybe next time we WILL pick. They will get it at some point, and things will be fine.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:43 PM on May. 20, 2011