Mothers with adult children

First how many believe in spare the rod you spoil the child[2]i raised 3 very active boys who are now all grown,although i was married i was still a single mother.i spank my boys and when they got older i whop their butts.and they tell me that they thank me for this because ani't no telling how they would be now if i hadn't did this.my question is how many of you whop your now adult kids when they were younger.and those that didn't do you wish that you had

MADUKES402

Asked by MADUKES402 at 11:40 AM on May. 20, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• I didn't...and don't wish I had.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 11:41 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I'm butting in here b/c I don't have adult children, but I got "beat" lol and it's what I needed when I was younger. (I'm 28 now) My mom always said 2 of us needed a whoopin and 2 of them needed their feelings hurt and they got it.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 11:46 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I have never hit my children and I do not regret my decision.

Answer by gemgem at 12:00 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I never spanked my children ever and they are now well adjusted adults without the rod! I could not be prouder of how they came out if I tried!

Answer by older at 3:22 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I have never regretted not spanking my children. I have 2 adult and 2 teen children and they are all good "kids" so to speak.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:16 AM on May. 21, 2011

• yes i have an 18 year old in college never spanked him hes a real good kid never had a problem not spoiled either
    n740

Answer by n740 at 12:06 AM on May. 22, 2011

• I was abused and never spanked my sons and do not regret it
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:35 PM on May. 22, 2011

• i got hit when i was younger, i'm okay. i did spank my kids when they were younger and would continue to do so if had younger ones. i dont' see any harm so long as you aren't beatin them. a little spanking doesn't hurt. some kids need it nowadays. kids nowadays have no manners, morals or respect for anyone.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 2:52 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I hate to admit that I did spank my oldest when he was younger though I learned very quickly that it did absolutely no good; it wouldn't stop the behavior AND it only made him more angry and defiant so I changed my methods. I remained a very strict (my friends say overly strict) parent with punishment and consequences and he is the most mature, good, responsible 18-year old I could ever hope for. The teen years have been a breeze with this one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:03 AM on May. 27, 2011

• "Spare the rod..." doesnt even have anything to do with spanking. In a Bible study course I took and when i researched it...that verse in the original Hebrew means that if you dont guide your child then thier future is ruined. The "rod" was a tool used by shepherds to gently show sheep the way. The rod was NEVER used to hit the sheep. This verse is widely misinterpreted.

I was spanked and I think it is stupid. I have never touched my daughter and never will and she is very well behaved. There are better ways to teach then by hitting.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 12:04 PM on May. 27, 2011