My vagina smells every now and then what should I do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Health

• Wash it? Douche?
    Anonymous

• it might be a yeats infection to
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 12:37 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I would recommend that you don't douche...I've heard alot of bad things on doing that...because your body natural cleans itself. I agree with the second answer...very possible!
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 1:15 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Believe it or not, the types of foods you eat will cause your body to smell differently. Don't douche because this will actually make it worse by taking out the natural bacteria that your body needs. If you have discharge, pain or itching with it then it may be a vaginal infection so you would want to see a doc to be sure.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 2:51 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Normal hormone fluctuations also can cause changes in smell. Do not douche... it's a great way to get an infection! Just wash once a day with a mild soap, and use scented panty liners. That should absorb any extra discharge, which usually causes the odor. Hope that helps!
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 4:04 PM on Dec. 7, 2008