a little insight from mommies who have been through it please....

if you had back labor did you feel contractions in your tummy or was it mostly in your back and pelvic?? of course every labor is differrent i just want a little insight from people who have experienced it. thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Ive had 5 kids and had back labor with one. It was aweful LOL. It felt like someone was stabbing my back when I got close to having him. In the early signs I had pelvic pain and also felt like I had ate something bad and back hurt. As I got closer to having him it was an aweful sharp pains in my back. Thats what i remember most with him.

Answer by gemgem at 12:28 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I felt it mostly in my back but, when it got really intense I felt it in my stomach as well.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 12:28 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Same here... Felt it in the back
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 1:24 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Yup, I felt it in my back.
    glittersteph

Answer by glittersteph at 1:36 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• i had all back labor and thats the only place i felt it was my back. it was awful. the best thing to do to ease the pain is (and yes it sounds crazy) get on all fours and rock back and forth, it pulls the baby from your tailbone and use tennis balls up and down your back to relax the muscles
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 2:05 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I'M A MOTHER OF 4 BOY'S 5, 10,16 AND 17 AND SO THIS MOUNTH GOING TO BE A GRANDMA. ALL BOY'S! ,BUT MY FIRST SON I HAD ALL BACK LABER. WHEN IT CAME DOWN TO THE LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS YES MY STUMIC STRTED TO GET VERY TINGHT. I STILL THINK THAT WAS MY EASYEST LABER I HAD..... I'LL TRY AND KEEP INCONTACT...... JANINEHOTMAMA
    Janinehotmama

Answer by Janinehotmama at 2:29 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I had back labor. It was severe cramping and tightening, but I also could feel it in my stomach. It was hard to tell it was in my stomach when I was in strong back labor, but if I put my hands on my stomach I could feel it.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 2:57 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• My contractions would begin in my belly then radiate around to my back and then down my legs, it was miserable. One thing that helped was this: I would lay on my side and my husband would place counter pressure on my hip in other words he would press down - fairly hard - on my hip, I remember begging him to do it harder and he finally said that he was afraid he was going to break my hip! lol I had a couple of bruises when it was all said and done, but wow it sure did help. Also the tennis ball on my back helped alot too
    wyldreams

Answer by wyldreams at 12:23 AM on Dec. 11, 2008