How much money does your DH spend on himself each month vs. you?

Dh spends over $300/mo on himself. This does not include fuel, utilities, or dates.

Not including fuel or utilities, I spend roughly $80/mo on myself and our 2ds, clothes, shoes, snacks or drinks. I never take Ds out for lunch. (I should, but would feel SUPER guilty if we needed that money later.

matobe

Asked by matobe at 11:50 AM on May. 20, 2011 in Money & Work

• I rarely spend money except for groceries and necessities. Hubs is constantly buying all those junk drinks and that drives me crazy. I keep them in a large plastic contractor bag and when the bag gets full I ask him how much he thinks all these drinks cost? He is surprised but obviously not surprised enough because he still keeps buying them...
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:08 PM on May. 20, 2011

• It depends on the month but I am the spender in the family, not dh. I have to MAKE him buy socks even when he needs them. I dont know why he is this way? I just go out and get what I need, or the kids need, and when he asks why I tell him well they needed it. Some months I can spend as much as $500 on things for me and the kids, other months it can be as little as $50. It just depends. My dh usually spends around $30 a week.

Answer by gemgem at 11:53 AM on May. 20, 2011

• My husband gets $40 cash each month to spend on whatever he wants to and I get $20. Clothing, groceries, all that stuff is budgeted for. So our spending money is used only on us and for whatever we want to use it for. If he needs a new tie, shoes or the kids need something, it comes from our clothing budget.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 11:55 AM on May. 20, 2011

• My hubs and I both work full time and we keep separate accounts. We both pay bills and whatever is left over we are free to spend on what we want. Every once in a while hubs will buy himself things that he wants... and it does not bother me. I do buy myself books every month, and I do netflix (although we all benefit from that) and I am a member of audible and get 1 audiobook every month. Plus I sometimes treat the kids to pizza, or buy them a treat... So know I spend more a month for me than he does for himself.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:56 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Mine has ALWAYS made sure that a dime didn't get spent that we could not afford. Obviously when we were in college and living on a $10/wk grocery bill, we didn't spend money on anything. Now that we are doing alright financially, we are much freer to spend. I would say that on the whole, he spends more than I do, because his hobbies are more expensive, but I spend more frequently and I am usually the one to spend on the kids as well. Typically, we each take $25 - $50 a week to spend on whatever: lunches, tickets, movie rental, admissions, whatever...but neither of us are limited to that, nor do we always spend it all. For example, this week, we have hardly spent anything (as far as I know LOL)...He brought home pizza last night, I rented a movie a couple nights ago, I bought an outfit at my friend's garage sale, and tonight we will buy flowers at my daughter's gymnastics recital...maybe $30 total for both of us this week.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:18 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I have no idea how much my husband spends on himself. We have separate accounts so after his pays his portion of the bills what he has leftover he can spend or save however he wants. I can do the same with my money. Some months I spend more than others and I always try to put some in my money market account too.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 1:16 PM on May. 20, 2011

• $20...because my husband LOVES to save his money. I might spend about $40.
    BetcCarter

Answer by BetcCarter at 11:51 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I think he spends about $20 on dip, and I get my nails done 2x/month. But we have seperate personal checking accounts and one joint account to pay bills out of so I don't really know :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 11:54 AM on May. 20, 2011

• uggh my dh.... spends 20 or more a week on beer alone to have a few with the boys at work. so thats 80 a month..200 a month on his snap on bill ( 50 a week for tools ) does that count lol.. on reg stuff like coffee or lunch and beer im saying around over 100. me maybe 20 a month if that. most of the money just goes to food shopping, bills, car payment, mortage, and if the kids needs something.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 11:56 AM on May. 20, 2011

• My DH spends around $150/month on himself, but $120 of that is on food... He's on the road a LOT, so he eats fast food a LOT...
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 12:01 PM on May. 20, 2011