Did you parents fight in front of you as child?

Do you and your spouse agrue in front of you own children

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• No & No

Answer by gemgem at 12:19 PM on May. 20, 2011

• No they didn't and I am ashamed of myself for doing it. I know better, my son seems to have survived it though (he's 18)
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 12:21 PM on May. 20, 2011

• My parents had the occassional argument in front of us -- which made me very determined to NEVER argue n front of my children.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 12:22 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Yes and no, because of what i went through. I wont allow it and sometimes when my SO goes on one of his little rants, I have to walk away and give up a battle just to illiminate the screaming match that my son might have to witness. It's alot more detrimental than some may think.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 12:23 PM on May. 20, 2011

• My folks did, big time...so did my hubby's. We promised we wouldn't do that before we got married. We do disagree, that is normal, but no fighting or important discussions.

ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 12:24 PM on May. 20, 2011

• No and no.
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 12:24 PM on May. 20, 2011

• No, seriously they never had a disagreement in front of us. My mom is completely non confrontational, so whatever my dad said was the way it was. Now I realize that she has some unhappiness because she has never asserted herself.

My husband and I have arguments occassionally in front of the kids, but we have been together a long time (20 years) so most of our major fights were out of the way before we had children. We don't really have much to agrue about anymore. Now it's a disagreement over what to have for dinner, lol.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 12:25 PM on May. 20, 2011

• They would have "disagreements," but they were rare. DH and I, unfortunately, have a more volatile relationship and it does happen in front of DD. :(
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 12:26 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I did want to add, that I don't think that it is unhealthy for kids to see their parents disagree. They need to learn that families have issues and that they can disagree and still love each other. However I DO think it's unhealthy for children to hear their parents call each other nasty names, so.......
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 12:27 PM on May. 20, 2011

• yup when my mother randomly showed up they fought.. BIG TIME. an yes we do argue in front of our boys... but we try not to
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 12:27 PM on May. 20, 2011