Has anybody used the Your Baby Can Read products??

I don't want a bunch of haters preaching there opinions! I'd like to hear real feedback from moms who have used the product. Thanks

Ashleycash

Asked by Ashleycash at 12:24 PM on May. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• You don't need a five-hundred dollar program to teach your child to read. You just need time, patience and the willingness to teach your child to read. :)
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 12:26 PM on May. 20, 2011

• First off, your baby can read, isn't $500. But IMO it's not worth the money you do spend on it. We used it with dh starting around 6 months. They say to watch the movies 2 times a day. After ds was mobile, that was it, he didn't want to sit and watch the movies. We still use the cards, and book,on ocassion but the movies are a waste. You can easily make or buy flash cards.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:35 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Well excuse me, I didn't waste my money on it so I have no idea how much it costs.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 12:36 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Maybe it's not worth the amount that it costs, but i'm a victim of buying it myself, and i try to stay positive and remind myself that it will be beneficial in the long run. Reading is something that cant be taken away so if it can have a positive impact on your child, there's no price that's too high for that. Yes, home made flash cards probably could have been the easier route but it is what it is. I have a very active child so ive been trying to make games out of it, like having him race to get the cards or something. I have a friend who speaks very highly of it so to each his own i guess. Just DONT let anyone here let you feel like you're a lazy parent, or "depending" on a product.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 12:44 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Well if you read the question you would have seen your opinion was not wanted! I'd like to hear from moms that have used the product!
    Ashleycash

Comment by Ashleycash (original poster) at 12:45 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Well you got one. Someone said it's a waste of money.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:22 PM on May. 20, 2011

• yes it works really good !!!
    alliep2011

Answer by alliep2011 at 1:23 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I got it from my SIL - she bought it and tried it, hated it and her kids all learned to read without it. I looked at it and decided it's a waste too. I have my degree in education and you would be much better off spending your money on a phonics program and waiting until your child is around 3-4 (when most kids are developmentally ready to learn to read).

Answer by missanc at 1:42 PM on May. 20, 2011

• My son could read when he was four and a half. He could read at a grade three level by the time he was in kindergarten. I just would like to start sooner than later with my baby girl.
    Ashleycash

Comment by Ashleycash (original poster) at 1:44 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Did you use the My Baby Can Read with you son? Cause if you didn't than why would you need it for your daughter? Your kids sound too smart for a hundred dollar program. Just read to her and teach her the words you read. My daughter can read too and she's only 4. I didn't have to pay for a single dime on a reading program. I just read to her.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:59 PM on May. 20, 2011