Did you know about using gift receipts at Walmart?

I just saw on the news this morning that if you use a gift receipt at Walmart you probably won't get as much money as you originally spent

elizabiza

Asked by elizabiza at 12:24 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Shopping

• I thought that was after time. Like it depriciates??
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 12:25 PM on May. 20, 2011

• That's not true. The gift receipt assures that you have a receipted return and get what was paid for it. If you don't use a receipt you get the lowest selling price ever.
    Anonymous

• Actually, it will give you the most recent price. So if the item has went down, that is what you get.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:30 PM on May. 20, 2011

• many walmart stores will give you the lowest selling price if you bring in a gift receipt because there was no price on the receipt. Walmart says that this is not their official procedure but that was the way many of the stores were handling returns (they went undercover in TX, CA and one other state I can't remember). http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/05/20/earlyshow/living/money/main20064661.shtml

elizabiza

Comment by elizabiza (original poster) at 12:31 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I think that it is 'gift cards' (at some stores) that can depreciate over time but I'm not sure if WalMart is one of the stores that has gift cards like that.
    GabsMom1

Answer by GabsMom1 at 12:39 PM on May. 20, 2011

• No I did not know,I may look into it.
    tina489

Answer by tina489 at 12:52 PM on May. 20, 2011