Am I pregnant???

Hi there! i'm new to the website and i have a few questions. My husband and I have been trying to conceieve for a few months now so i'm very aware of my cycle and my ovulation/fertile times, etc. My period is VERY regular and I can usually tell you the time of day it would arrive. There have only been 3 times in my life that I was late or missed a period. One was a long time ago and it was a very stressful time in my life. The other two times, I was pregnant. I lost my first pregnancy very early on. My second pregnancy was with my daughter Fallon. However, she was born still born at 6 1/2 months. When I was pregnant w/ Fallon, I felt I knew almost immediately with tender breasts being the most noticeable sign of pregnancy. It was hard to say when i conceieved since I never had a period between my first pregnancy loss and the conception of my daughter. I believe I was about 6 to 7 weeks along by the time I tested. I'm sharing all of this because I am late for my period this month but i have taken THREE tests all of which came up negative. The first test i took 4 days early, so may have been too soon. The second test i took yesterday (when my period was due to arrive but never did) that came up negative. I took a third test this morning since that is the best time of day to take a test and now i'm actually a full day late. again, negative. I'm not sure when to test again, if i'm missing my period due to stressing myself out over there or if i am pregnant and just testing too soon. do any moms out there have any suugestions??? I don't want to try to get into the doctor too early because I guess in fear of a fourth negative result. but why no period??? how long should I wait to test again or contact my doctor?? any answers or thoughts would be helpful...thank you.

Colleen

ColleenOB

Asked by ColleenOB at 12:45 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Be patient.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:46 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I was 3 weeks late the month before I got pregnant with my daughter. Hang in there and test again in a week or so if you are still not menstruating. Stress and wanting a baby very badly can make you late.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 12:50 PM on May. 20, 2011

• The test being negative tells you there is not enough hcg in your urine to give a positive result. This means one of two things....either you miscalculated, and your period wasn't due yet, and it's too early to detect hcg, or you are not pregnant. If you don't start in another week I'd test again.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 12:51 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I know, you are right. it's just easier said then done. I'd love to put it out of my mind but it keeps popping back in there. I'll work on being patient, its not my strong suit haha
    ColleenOB

Comment by ColleenOB (original poster) at 12:53 PM on May. 20, 2011

• thanks ladies. I definitely don't believe i miscalculated. I track my cycle every month and I have done so for the past 2 years so I'm definitely late, the question is why? I do realize I am stressing over this so i need to make a conscious effort to calm myself and trust that what is meant to be, will be. I am making a promise to myself no more pregnancy tests for at least a week!
    ColleenOB

Comment by ColleenOB (original poster) at 12:56 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I am so sorry for your losses. I don't have any advise for you that the ladies here haven't already passed on to you. I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am that you've experienced so much loss. Good luck. I hope you get your bfp soon
    jspencer1014

Answer by jspencer1014 at 9:52 PM on May. 20, 2011