Dresses - HELP!

So I'm kind of an odd shape and I always have been. Especially after having my youngest son three months ago. However, I am attending a wedding (Semi-Formal) here in a couple of weeks an I am in need of a dress. I really need help in finding something . I guess I would be considered plus size, though I don't personally consider myself that. Either way .. I would like some help from the ladies. Where (online) do you buy your dresses from? Especially if you're considered plus size (18+)

Thank You!

JazzlikeMraz

Asked by JazzlikeMraz at 12:47 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Shopping

• 18+ is a plus size, I know that because that's my size. I don't buy dresses but if I did I would start in places like Penneys. Pants are very semi-formal and if you're more comfortable in them you should wear them...just like men do.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:52 PM on May. 20, 2011

• If you have a Kohl's by you, please check it out. They have a fantastic "woman's" section that is 1X through 3X. There are a ton of really cute clothes in there, and they are all very reasonably priced. Just load up everything you can find and take it to the dressing room.

I went last weekend with a friend who is plus-size, and we found her an amazing black cocktail dress. It fits perfectly and was really slimming. It think it only cost about 35.00, too!

It took me a really long time to step on the Kohls bandwagon, but I am a fan now.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:57 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Silhouettes and Jessica London have nice things for special occasions.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 12:58 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I would go to an Eveningwear Boutique that specializes in plus sizes & try on a few things. They offer alterations & everyone looks better when something is altered to fit properly.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:40 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Thank You, Ladies!! I really appriciate it!
    JazzlikeMraz

Comment by JazzlikeMraz (original poster) at 1:50 PM on Jun. 3, 2011