SAHMs: When your DH/SO stays home does it throw off your schedule?

Richie took the day off work today and already I'm all off kilter lol...overslept by almost 2 hours! Of course since he decided not to go to work, he turned off the alarm lol and I already know the rest of my day is going to pretty much be shot to hell cause everytime he stays home he makes an artform of being right in my way! LOL To keep from being frustrated I've decided since he's taken the day off...I will too! lol....I have to do a little bit because my little brothers are coming to spend the weekend...but they are 8 yrs old so I'm sure they wont care if the kitchen floor is mopped or not lol

Does your DH/SO being home throw you off too or is it just me? lol

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 12:52 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Yeah, it totally throws things off. You would think that having him home would mean more help and I could get more done, but not so! My house is messier, the kids are wilder, and he wants me to sit around and do nothing with him. When he is out of town, things go so much smoother, I keep up with the house, I get better sleep, dd is an angel, etc. He thinks that I like for him to be gone!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 12:57 PM on May. 20, 2011

• There is no schedule when my husband is home. It is impossible.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:52 PM on May. 20, 2011

• haha yeah totally, Saturdays and Sundays are a totally different routine then the rest of the week
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 12:53 PM on May. 20, 2011

• COMPLETELY!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:06 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Nah it doesnt throw me off. Usually he goes outside and piddles around the yard or with his car or my sons car lol. If he isnt doing that then he is on his computer or playing games with the kids. If anything its more helpful. I dont have the kids underfoot as much.

Answer by gemgem at 12:53 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Yes it throws me off too! My DH is in construction so if the weather is bad he is home. The one good thing is that he helps me get the kids up and out the door for school since he's the morning person :)
    atoney15

Answer by atoney15 at 12:54 PM on May. 20, 2011

• If he stays home during the week, yes, most definitely..but it gives me the break I usually need bc dd (almost 3) wants his attention. On the weekends, no..that gives me the chance to do my once or twice a month deep cleaning (like orange glow-ing the hardwood floors and that kind of stuff), since again dd wants his undivided attention bc he's gone everyday during the work week.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 12:57 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Yes, it changes everything, but I don't mind so much.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 1:00 PM on May. 20, 2011

• No... He usually helps out.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:06 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Yes it really does. It feels like 10x more work on his days off....
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 1:23 PM on May. 20, 2011