Should a 6 month old baby still be using a sleep positioner?

fbutlersmith

Asked by fbutlersmith at 12:41 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I dont know but I never used a sleep positioner.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 12:44 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I think thats a little to old and could be a suffocation hazard.
    Anonymous

• Sleep positioners are a hazard, but if your baby can roll over in both directions you don't need to use it any more.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:46 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Sleep positoners are dangerous. My doctor ONLY reccomends them if the baby has a bad case of GERD or respitory problems to keep them from rolling over, or helping air get in their lungs.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 12:57 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• That entirely depends on your baby. I would *imagine* that, by six months, you're baby is moving around enough so that it really can't do it's job anymore, so I'd get rid of it. I used one until my son was six weeks, as it kept him cozy enough to fall and stay asleep, but once he started putting some force into his movements, it didn't work anymore.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:11 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• As soon as they can roll over it should be removed from their bed...
    twotwinsmom

Answer by twotwinsmom at 3:53 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• if he can move around you could probably take it away. see how he sleeps without it. he may enjoy stretching out and around. we took our son away from it about a week ago....he is only 17 weeks now and he sleeps well without it. he wanted to sleep on his side since day 1, the reason we got it...just wouldn't stay asleep on his back. we just started to let him sleep on his tummy, sure some mother's are having a fit over that one. but he can move himself around, and is just fine
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 10:32 PM on Dec. 7, 2008