Miscarrying, how long does all this last?

Past a very large clot. I've been having period like cramping after that and period like bleeding. How long is this going to last? Most of the pain has went away as of now.

jmgblair10

Asked by jmgblair10 at 12:54 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• For me it lasted a couple of months for the bleeding and cramps to go away but about 6 months for my cycle to really get back to normal and my hormones to get back to normal. I am sure that it depends on the person and how far a long you are when you miscarry.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:58 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I am so sorry for your miscarriage.

I miscarried at 11 1/2 weeks, and needed a DNC because of the babie's size. I bled for about 2 weeks after that and started cycling immediately.

My sister has had two early ones. Her bleeding last from 1 1/2 weeks to 2 weeks.

I hope you feel better soon.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:01 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I would talk to your dr. I had to miscarriages .One at 10 wks & one at 9 wks & had to have a D&C with the first & D & E with the second ond.
    sweetsinglemama

Answer by sweetsinglemama at 1:05 PM on May. 20, 2011

• The worst for me lasted a couple of days then i bleed for about a week. A couple of months is extreme.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 1:10 PM on May. 20, 2011

• i passed the fetus in like 2 hrs then i bled for about 3 days that was jsut at 8 weeks pregnant. The second one, i was 13 weeks pregnant and that one hurt alot more and it took me abotu 4 hrs of passing chunks of the fetus. i eventually had a dnc adn bled for a few days.
    sugarstar22

Answer by sugarstar22 at 1:26 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Both of my miscarriages were on 8w4d exactly.

The first miscarriage took much longer and was MUCH MORE painful. (There is suspicion it may have been twins though.) I bled for something like 2 weeks before ever passing the two large sac like clots. Then I bled heavily for a number of weeks after. A couple of days I had doubling over pain that would be on and off.

The second miscarriage I bled for maybe 3 days before passing the large clot. Then I bled for about a week and a half with varying heaviness. I had a period the a few weeks later and was pregnant 6 weeks after my miscarriage and delivered a healthy baby boy 10 months to the day after I actually lost the baby.

I'm so sorry you are going through this, it is incredibly painful. I'm sorry I can't be of more help, but everyone I ever saw with medical knowledge during my two m/c's said each one is different as far as pain and duration.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 1:31 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Although both doctors made sure to repeatedly emphasize the need to go to the ER if I soak a pad in an hour. (soak as in saturate because my idea of soaked is a lot less blood then theirs is...)

Again I'm sorry. :(
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 1:33 PM on May. 20, 2011

• And i'm sorry !
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 1:46 PM on May. 20, 2011

• im sorry im not really sure ive ever miss carried before
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 5:33 PM on May. 20, 2011