Will it ever come back?

I used to LOVE sex.. almost as much as my husband. I remember when we would make love twice a day... My oldest child id 2.5 and youngest is 10mo I'm still nursing so I'm hoping that is all that's wrong. (Also have mirena) I'm never in the mood for sex and it rarely feels good for me no matter how attentive my husband is (he's a very skilled lover so it's not him lacking in that dept) I'm getting pretty depressed because I used to love sex and it felt amazing. Will my sex drive ever come back and will sex ever feel good again? I miss enjoying it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• It is probably hormone issue. Our hormones are all out of whack after giving birth and while we are nursing. It will come back just give it time. Hope things get better:)
    BetcCarter

Answer by BetcCarter at 1:09 PM on May. 20, 2011

• If you two are as emotionally close as bfore then YES it'll all get good again. I think that day will be when you are out of the more intense parenting phases - baby and toddler!
    quiescence

Answer by quiescence at 1:15 PM on May. 20, 2011

• My son is 10 mos old too, and I'm breastfeeding too... and I too, have no interest in sex! I am glad to hear I'm not alone, but I'm sorry you are suffering too... Someone told me that while we are nursing our bodies reject sex as a form of birth control.... lol... don't know if it's true, but could be some hormonal, natural form of b/c! I hope our libidos return sometime soon!
    mlivlee

Answer by mlivlee at 1:18 PM on May. 20, 2011

• It is highly likely that you are deficient in the precursors for some of the basic neurotransmitters due to pregnancy and breastfeeding. More than 70% of Americans are deficient in these precursors. Increasing your food sources of Omega-3 and Omega-6 essential fatty acids, arginine, choline and inositol (choline and inositol are in the B vitamin family), plus the zinc, calcium, magnesium, iron and vitamin C required to process them could seriously help you over the course of 4-8 weeks.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 1:27 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I think it's hormonal. I know I felt the same way around the same time- but let me tell you- mine came back full force when I quit breastfeeding :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:28 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I'm glad to hear that. I plan on nursing for 2 more months then start weening him onto whole milk like I did with my oldest. I'll miss it but be thankful when my libido comes back!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:56 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Hormones are screwed up...kids so close in age...might need time to yourself to rekindle the flame
    FayMeek

Answer by FayMeek at 1:43 AM on May. 22, 2011