Is the natural method of BC combined with pull out

legitatiment Birth control, in your opinion

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Health

• what's the natural method of birth control? abstinence?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:11 PM on May. 20, 2011

• if you have a pretty regular cycle it should be fairly accurate.
    We use condoms because I am too freaked out about getting pregnant again at this point
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 1:11 PM on May. 20, 2011

• family planning when you dont have sex when you ovulate.. im sure i have the wrong name
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:11 PM on May. 20, 2011

• When you say "natural" you mean charting? That in itself is a legitimate form of birth control. If one is having sex during the charted fertile time and then trying to use pullout, that's a game of Pregnancy Roulette. Pullout itself really is NOT a good method of birth control if you're serious about not getting pregnant.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:12 PM on May. 20, 2011

• "family planning when you dont have sex when you ovulate.."

That would be Natural Family Planning. And if you're not having sex around the ovulation date, then pullout is basically pointless but quite legitimate.

• i dont want another baby but I also would nt be devasted either if i got pregant.. so this is my compromise with my dh.. if I get pregant and i do this maybe a baby was meant to be???????????????????????
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:13 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Are you talking about the rhythm method? I only think it is legitimate if your are in a long-term or marriage type situation where you can accept the increased chance of pregnancy over other BC methods.

It is really scary when someone who is not in permanant relationship and who does not want pregnancy uses rhythm or pull-out. It is just not a smart choice.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:14 PM on May. 20, 2011

• oh ok.. well in any case the pull out method should not be relied on. i conceived a child that way.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:15 PM on May. 20, 2011

• In my opinion you are asking to become pregnant.
    Pull Out is NOT in any way shape or form a version of birth control.
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 1:15 PM on May. 20, 2011

• thank you ladies .. we have been together 9 yrs so it not like im playing around with this with a fling or something.. anyway thank u again
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:17 PM on May. 20, 2011