Is it weird or wrong I don't want ppl at the hospital while I deliver???

If anyone must be there it will be my husband, he's coming I just feel weird having someone there. I don't see what he or anyone can do to help me?? I know there "support" ppl but really I think I'd rather do it alone. Am I going to regret this???

I don't want anyone in the waiting room either! I have this need to not let anyone touch my baby!!! I think I've waited so long for a baby I just don't want to share her with anyone!! I know I'll change my mind when I'm going crazy and need five minutes to myself but right now I want her and never wanna let go...

Ashleycash

Asked by Ashleycash at 1:10 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• NO! The only thing that is wrong is trying to please other people. If you really don't want anyone there just do not tell people when you are on your way. Call them when you are done.
    BetcCarter

Answer by BetcCarter at 1:11 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Neither weird nor wrong.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:13 PM on May. 20, 2011

• no its not weird. I totally wanted my mom and my husband with me but no one else... we called my in-laws when we were ready for them to come visit
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 1:14 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Yes, you might regret it, only because sharing your joy with loved ones is better than not.

Answer by older at 1:15 PM on May. 20, 2011

• If it is then Im weird. I didnt want anyone there while I was in labor or giving birth other then my dh. With the last baby my mil and fil came and sat in the room before anything was really happening, they got bored and left. The nurse saw I was uncomfortable with them there and asked me if I wanted to tell them they werent allowed in LOL. Anyway they sat just outside my door and ask soon as they heard crying they rushed the room.

Answer by gemgem at 1:15 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I guess you can do whatever you feel you need to :)
    My only concern would be you wouldnt have anyone to help you with nurses/dr. pushing things on you.
    IMO its good to have someone to be your voice. If not its likely you will get drugs to rush labor (pitocin) and who knows what else. and maybe even an unneccesarry c-section.
    When ur in labor that is your only focus/ thought.. Its very hard to defend yourself..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:18 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Normal.
    !

You don't have to tell anyone when you are in labor.
    If you prefer to stay home (as long as possible or altogether) you have this option, too!

It's really important for our cervix/labor to feel good about those around us so we can agree to open and accept progress & intensity.

Do you prefer to be totally unattended?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:18 PM on May. 20, 2011

• nope not weird or wrong! i had no one except my husband, an if he gets deployed within the next 4 weeks id rather just be by myself through the entire process. i think its a normal feeling :)
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 1:21 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Not a home birth. At the hospital :) my hubbie wouldn't be my voice by no means, he can hardly speak up to our seven year old lol
    Ashleycash

Comment by Ashleycash (original poster) at 1:27 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I think wanting just you and dh in the l&d room is very normal. I didn't want/need anyone else in the room with us. As for not wanting anyone else to touch the baby... Almost sounds like ante-partum depression. Just relax and enjoy the moment with those you love and who supported you through everything!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:35 PM on May. 20, 2011