Would you allow your inlaws to see your child/children if they hated you?

??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes. And I have. I wont punish my kids just because my inlaws and me dont like each other. With my older kids they chose not to come around is all. They couldnt get over their hatred towards me.

Answer by gemgem at 1:12 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Do they express their hatred verbally? Do they act out? Are they likely to express this to your children when you are not around?
    BetcCarter

Answer by BetcCarter at 1:12 PM on May. 20, 2011

• nope they dont see our children. after everything they have done to dh and i they can kiss a toe.
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 1:14 PM on May. 20, 2011

• If they loved the KIDS & would be good grandparents & would not harm them. Yes....
    Keeping kids from their family will only make the kid mad at you as an adult.
    there is a special bond between grandparents & their parents & that should not be withheld out of spite, or because what is going on between adults. Kids are innocent.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:14 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Yes I would as long as they didn't spout our mutual hatred to the children.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:14 PM on May. 20, 2011

• yes. I would not hold the kids accountable for because their grandparents don't like me. The kids have a right to know their family, love them or not....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:14 PM on May. 20, 2011

• My mil got into an argument when dd was just a couple months old. We went about a yr and half not speaking. I did let her see dd, but I left the house or dh took her to to his parents house. As much as I wanted to keep dd from them, it just would not have been right.
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 1:14 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Not until the both parties address unresolved issues.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 1:17 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I don't think I would. I don't understand how inlaws can hate there grandkids mother but still love the grandkids unconditionally. My kids are a portrait of myself, how can my inlaws have hatred for me and not in at least a little show that hatred toward my kids.
    I have seen situation like this before, were the inlaws will take the children and not treat them all to good or tell them nasty things about their mother.
    styhmMommy

Answer by styhmMommy at 1:20 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Nope! Not a chance! If they treat me like that why the hell would I let them near my children??? I'm due in July and I have not seen my mil in two years!!! And it's staying like that! That's all I need. My kids to hear my husbands family bashing there mother. I think not. Only one person from my hubbies family was invited to my baby shower and she will be the only one to meet my daughter. The family that lives five mins away hasn't so much as said congrats. Why they would want to acknowledge my daughter after she is born will not be an option for them. :) I'm done playing nice, keep the ones you love cut the ones you can't stand!
    Ashleycash

Answer by Ashleycash at 1:21 PM on May. 20, 2011