How can i get my 2 month old to sleep in her bed and not her bouncy?

alliep2011

Asked by alliep2011 at 1:35 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I found that swaddling my baby helped her feel more comfortable in that big old crib
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 1:36 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Swaddling and loads of patience on your part.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:45 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Hahaha it's definitely a process. My son slept in his car seat and bouncy for the first 2 months or so. The other times with me since I was bf him. After a while I started to leave him in my bed alone as soon as I was finished nursing so he could get used to being in the bed by himself. When he started to get use to that, then as soon after he fell asleep I started picking him up and placing him in his crib gently until he just got used to it. You will sometimes have to just let them cry it out.
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 2:16 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I swaddle my son and put him in his bassinet...it seems to be the only way to get him to sleep without sleeping in my arms or on my chest..that is what I need to break him of.
    kirstenvargo

Answer by kirstenvargo at 11:00 PM on May. 20, 2011

• we do a tight swaddle, and when we lay him down, we have rolled up blankets on each side of him, so if he's moving, its small movements that dont startle him and wake him up
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 2:53 PM on May. 22, 2011

• she hates to be swaddled , and i try and lay her sideways cause the back of her head is kinda flat and i don't want it to be
    alliep2011

Comment by alliep2011 (original poster) at 4:34 PM on May. 22, 2011