• In the Spotlight:

Anyone have advice about choosing a breast pump???

Ashleycash

Asked by Ashleycash at 1:37 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• depending on how much you need to pump you might want to consider renting one of those hospital grade types.
    I have an Avent hand pump that I use when traveling but I didn't need to stockpile big stores of milk to go back to work or anything.
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 1:40 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I plan to stay home for my full year. Just worried about latching and so on.
    Ashleycash

Comment by Ashleycash (original poster) at 1:42 PM on May. 20, 2011

• If you're going to be home, you don't need a pump at all. But the Avent Isis is good for occasional pumping.

Better investment right now: A copy of "So That's What They're For" by Janet Tamaro.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:51 PM on May. 20, 2011

• You won't need a double electric pump if you only want one for a back-up... look for a single electric OR a manual if all you're looking for is peace of mind.

However, I wouldn't buy one until you get home from the hospital. THEN you'll know if you're having problems breastfeeding and will better know your needs.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 7:46 PM on May. 20, 2011