DENIED FOOD STAMP!!!

My husband is the only one who works, I am unable to due to pain and panic attacks happen when stress happens, can't stop em. My husband is an E-5 we are a family of 4. Now I have neighbors who are E-6 and above who qualify for food stamps WTF?! Now some have three kids but most have 2. So wtf is going on?! It's also very stupid that they count the BAH but w/e I guess that counts as income...also they want the full amount you make a month BEFORE deductions. So yeah while his full income is 2482.12 we only see 1161.29 of that. Now with two kids there are of course separate dr visits and add gas prices onto that avg price here is 4.11 a gallon. So I have an allowance of maybe $50 a paycheck for food, I can feed my family on that mind you it's NOT easy and definatly not healthy Ramen ALOT o the time. But I am so livid for that fact that we don't qualify and yet higher ranks do!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is there anyone who has had this same issue and will an appeal even do anything?

I only made it as far as how much we make BEFORE deductions, That's when she closedo ff the deal. Also that's great that your E-5 hubby and you can make it and budget good, prolly have less bills then us. Because we have not only 4 mouths to feed two of the mtoddlers but two car payments, he will be using vacation days if he has to leave work for every dr visit, my DD is off the growth charts so she sees alot of specialists. Plus I'm going to headache specialists and other pain management doctors. But when all is said and done for each paycheck we have about $75 "extra" so $50 goes towards bills. Unfortunatly my hubbies recruiter sucks big time and althoug my man was told his school payment was in the contract, it was not. Yes he should have read the fine print, but also the recruiter shouldn't have be na dbag and lied to him. w/e there's nothng we can do about it now except pay it off which will take about  10 years if we are able to maintain the $200 a month fee which atm we are not able too... I am hoping thoug my hubby has finally made it to first the results come out in a few days...he prolly wont because he doesn't kiss ass or play the politics game and there is only a 6% advancment and well pretty much all gonna be ass kissers...

Also I do not view my self as selfish, I view my self as a loving mother who is doing her damnest to make sure her children are at least getting proper nurishment. We have WIC but that's not enough unfortunatly. I was told by the WIC worker that we will qualify for stamps since we qualify for WIC because they go off the same system...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Shopping

• Did they calculate what you have to pay out every month for bills and such or did they do just the standard amount? That could make a difference. We gave them all our info and they still used the standard amount, not our numbers. It should be listed on the form that they returned to you. It never hurts to appeal it.
    Anonymous

• Why would they not count BAH, it should count. It is just money given towards housing. It is a different part of the pay and those not in the military have to count what goes towards their housing as part of their income. It sounds more like you need to figure out where your money is going. We were E-5 at one time and my husband was the only one working and we made it work. Just need to prioritize and cut down on some bills.
    Anonymous

• An E-6 should certainly not qualify. Something is just not right.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:05 PM on May. 20, 2011

• They usually dont care what you pay out just what you make and family size...an appeal probably wont do anything but waste your time...but you can try if you like or at leat ask why ou were denied...They should at least be able to tell you the most a family of 4 can make but still be approved. GL
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 2:06 PM on May. 20, 2011

• My ex husband was E-6 when he got out and we had 3 kids when we married (his step kids) and then added one more after we married and we qualified. We just didn't need them to be honest. We had them a few months and then went to close the case and they didnt want to close it for us? I dont know but my current husband brings home the same as yours and I am able to make it without Food stamps.
    Anonymous

• Who knows why some people get approved and some don't? I have heard of fraud happening though, like if a family member or friend is their caseworker. The system is flawed point blank.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 2:12 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Honey DSS don't care that you don't have the money to feed your kids, their just looking at how much money your income is. That is it! They don't care, trust me, I was denied too.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 2:17 PM on May. 20, 2011

• My sister in law was denied food stamps because they said her baby (who was exclusively breastfed) was too fat!!!
    go figure!
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 2:43 PM on May. 20, 2011

• wait the family was denied due to the baby being overweight?! LMFAO what aholes!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:10 PM on May. 20, 2011

• You need to be able to voice your appeal without using profanity. You have to get your facts together so that it comes across in a reasonable manner. Your Dr. should be covered by the military. The price of gas is the same for everyone. Maybe you do not need to have two car payments.
    Do you realize that the money from food stamps comes from someones taxes. The country does not owe it to you to give you food stamps. Maybe you should plant a garden. Your attitude is disgusting.
    Anonymous