Daycare at the y?

i am trying to get into shape to be a better more active mom with my dd..I however seem to be more motivated in the morning but thats right when i have noone to watch my dd..shes only 15mnths..she has Never been to a daycare or around other kids much and sometimes tends to be a little clingy to me..I am worried that she will freak out when i take her to the nursery on monday..any suggestions on how to make this easier for her and for me lol..i only plan on working out for an hour at a time..are there any do's and donts

jorjiegirl

Asked by jorjiegirl at 1:56 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• can you leave her with someone for a little bit this weekend? Then on monday just go, if she cries or clings it is best to just go. I watch children and most of the time they cry for a few minutes then they are fine!! I am sure she will be fine...she will get used to it and it will be good for her to play with others for an hour or so.
    Good luck, sweetie!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 6:21 PM on May. 20, 2011

• make sure to bring a favorite toy or like lovey with her this way its easier on her. if there are not that many kids ask the babysitter in the room to distract her so she does not see you leave and sneak out. i am not sure if they have a room with a view like all see through or just a regular room with windows. but that is what i use to do when i babysat. as long as you distract they will be fine. she will cry its natural but she will be ok. and if you do it over and over again she will know that you will return. good luck.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 4:49 AM on May. 22, 2011