Eagle cash card for deployed soldiers.

Please tell me there is someone on here that knows how to deal with my situation. My husband is deployed and has an Eagle cash card which is a card that is linked to your home account. He is able to transfer money from our account and put it on his card like a prepaid card and then uses it as though it is a credit or debit card. My husband is pulling money from our account that is not there and we are going horribly negative in our home account. I don't know how to stop this from happening. I don't talk to him often due to him being in an area with only 3 phones. Is there a way to block this card or is there anyone who knows who I can contact?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Money & Work

• I would call your bank and ask them why they are letting him transfer money thats not there. Do you use usaa? your bank will be the one that has to deal with it, you wont be able to call the eagle card company and talk to them because its your husbands card, and you'd have to fax a copy of your POA but i'd call your bank because he shouldnt be able to transfer money that isnt yours. if all else fails call
    Rear D. and talk to whoever is in command there and let them know the sitatuion and they should be able to get the message to your husband command who can get it to him. Talk to your FRG leader to.
    julie.f

Answer by julie.f at 2:16 PM on May. 20, 2011

• The only thing I can suggest is opening a seperate account, putting money in there for him, and then that is the ONLY account he can transfer from. Next time he calls, discuss a set amount each month and divide it per check.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 2:14 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Contact his first sgt. You cannot block the card, its tied directly to the checking account. When finance processes the transaction and the account is found negative, he will be reported to his first sgt as well, and possibly the commander. You don't have an e-mail address to contact him with?
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 2:18 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I don't want to get him in any trouble. I am not even sure he knows there is no money in the account. Of course I don't know how the Eagle card works. He hasn't said if he has any computers or not (he is in a really crappy area) I wish he would call me :/
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:21 PM on May. 20, 2011

• calling Rear D wont get him into trouble. just tell them exacctly what you just posted. he has no idea the account is negative, he wont get into trouble. This isnt a big deal in their commands eyes. my husband is a ssg and has had to deal with wifes having finacial trouble while their husband is deployed and all they want to do is help fix it, not get people in trouble
    julie.f

Answer by julie.f at 2:33 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Well, my bank put a block on allowing any of those transactions. The bummer is if he tries to use it and they have to block it, it costs us 10 dollars each time. Thanks for everyones advice.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:26 PM on May. 20, 2011