Sleeping issues with my two year old...

ok i know this probably makes me sound like an awful mother but my daughter is 2 and i still dont have her on a sleeping schedule...when other moms ask me about it and i tell them she goes to bed between 10pm and 12pm they look at me like im crazy..i just am not sure what to do..i tried the cry it out method when she was about 8 months old and i couldnt do it so i just kept rocking her to sleep..and thats how she goes to sleep every night..we put on a movie and i rock her to sleep. Thats not the worst part...she also wont sleep in her bed for some reason.She likes to sleep one the couch in the living room..even if i lay her in her bed after shes asleep she gets up and will get on the couch or in bed with me. Any advice????? i have no clue how to fix this!

mom2b112108

Asked by mom2b112108 at 2:13 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Because of my weird work schedule my son rarely went to bed before 11:30pm when I got home. We found that if we put him to bed before I got home that he would wake up and then be up even latter. After my husband got sick and started to sleep downstairs we couldn't get my son to sleep any where but the couch near dad. We decided to go with what worked for us and anybody else could just lump it. That doesn't make you or any one else a bad mom.
    artio.sd

Answer by artio.sd at 12:03 AM on May. 21, 2011

• I honestly don't think it's a big deal. I have a friend with a 3 year old who prefers the couch over her own bed. As long as your child is well taken care of and loved, i don't think it matters where she sleeps. Personally, I never understood the hysteria that comes from co-sleeping no-no minds.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 2:17 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I don't see an issue either. LOL My 15y/o sleeps on the couch. He goes to bed at like 10pm. Slept with me until 4 or 5. Then moved himself out.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:18 PM on May. 20, 2011

• My 3 year old does the exact same thing. It was actually nice to see that we are not alone. I hold him and get him to sleep between 10 and 11 and put him in his bed. Sometime in the middle of the night he gets up and goes to the couch. At first I tried to keep him in bed but we both lost sleep. Now I lay out a blaket on the couch and we both get plenty of sleep. This has been going on for a year. Unless there is a safety issue in your child getting up and laying on the couch I say let it go. Sometimes we just have to do whatever works.
    butterflylp

Answer by butterflylp at 3:31 PM on May. 20, 2011