Does your child undress themself and ran around NAKED???

My DD is two and she is going through a stage of nakedness.

I have no idea what is going on with her, my first DD never got undressed. So I do not know how to handle this.

She is taking of her clothes and running around buck naked. Should I allow her to do this? Is it some sort of experience that she need to go throw or should I punish her for doing this. I do not want to make her grow up to self consious but I also dont want her to think its ok.

Have you had a problem like this with your child.

styhmMommy

Asked by styhmMommy at 2:16 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son does this daily. My daughter did this as well. I don't really worry about it until they are 3 and a half. I just put their clothes back on them and say we don't show everyone our bodies.
    BetcCarter

Answer by BetcCarter at 2:18 PM on May. 20, 2011

• YEs. It's a phase.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 2:19 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Little kids do that alot and I woud NOT punish her. Just put her clothes back on and cheerfully tell her that she NEEDS her clothes on t cover up and stay warm and prevent bug bites. The BUGS were a good approach for my kids. They decided they didn't want skeeter bites. LOL. Its no big deal.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 2:19 PM on May. 20, 2011

• lol He used to. Almost every night/morning he would strip his pajamas off too.
    Starleet

Answer by Starleet at 2:36 PM on May. 20, 2011

• my son does this often. your child is only 2. this is all natural!! Have fun with it!!
    Mrs.Ro

Answer by Mrs.Ro at 2:54 PM on May. 20, 2011

• My kiddos are in and out of dress-up all day long, and I can't convince them to leave clothes under the dress-up outfits. Even now, one is standing here in her panties asking me to get the basket of dress-up down.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:57 PM on May. 20, 2011

• totally normal. DS does this. I just put his clothes back on and tell him that there are parts of our bodies that are only meant for us and who we marry to see so he needs clothes. Of course I had to explain why it was okay for mommy to see later on once bath time rolled around.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 1:19 AM on May. 21, 2011

• My little girl doesnt run around completely naked but once we get from town or some wheres the moment she walks through the door the shirt & pants or already off
    Chelhaidax

Answer by Chelhaidax at 2:52 PM on May. 22, 2011