Tons of questions!? OPK experts, please help! :)

If you're ussually on, you probably already know my theory becuase I've been on here alot asking tons of questions! Here are my results for the last 3-4 days of following hormone levels with OPK (too early to test and trying to narrow the results due to impatients)

So, what do you guys think? I've never used OPK until now and haven't had another HPT since day one before my OPK trial. The HPT was negative, which it hadn't even been 2 weeks. How would you read these results? Think It's closer to take another HPT and see if the theory of elemination could work? It's obviously picking up LH or hCG... just don't know what one. How long do you usually get results on an OPK if it only picks up on LH when you are just tracing ovulation? Is it normal, not normal to have so many positives? if I am only ovulating, how long will I have results? Do I need to test perodically to see intensity of results? But then doesn't out side comparables play a part on how soluted the test is?

(please look at times. my second test *5-17 11am* was only a 2 hr gap, not drinking anything or urinating. *5-19 4pm* was 8 hr gap, drinking 3 cups coffee, and a diet coke, and using the facilities. Hard to see in the photo, but these two results look similar to me, but in different conditions)

triciabc21

Asked by triciabc21 at 2:17 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Sorry I'm no help on this!
    Ashleycash

Answer by Ashleycash at 2:28 PM on May. 20, 2011

• wow your question is so confusing..but here is what i think you are wanting to know..there are usually only 3 days you are fertile in a month..normally i will get a positive opk for 3days..and on the 4th it is neg...also i only use one opk a day there is no reason to test several times a day..what i normally do is calculate the week i know i should be fertile..i start testing on sunday and test once a day everyday until the next sunday that way i know what days i am fertile..
    Anonymous

• Your surge probably occurred on 5/17, triggering your ovulation approximately 5/18...but will still register positive as long as it is in your system.

You're about the only person I've seen rival my obsessive test taking though. LMAO! I was not as hyper about ovulation tests, but way overboard on pregnancy tests.

Go with your first positive as your surge.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:50 PM on May. 20, 2011

• *mom 2 3*, I know...i have a problem. Lol I've never wanted kids. Like them, but not wanted. Now I have no idea, want to know, and can't wait for that positive test to come back! It just seemed to make since to use an opk instead of hpts (cost efficient) and it gives me something some what tangible instead of sitting in the dark for another week or 2! Not knowing my next step on a life altering commitment, one hr seems too long! :) I give us kudos for wanting to be prepared, even if it just drives us a little mad. ;)

Ashley cash, thanks for thee answer and sorry for the confusion. That does help.
    triciabc21

Comment by triciabc21 (original poster) at 3:10 PM on May. 20, 2011