Christians only please!! THE RAPTURE! ( PLEASE NON-CHRISTIANS DO US THE CONSIDERATION OF NOT BASHING OUR LOVE FOR JESUS)

Since as christians we know that when the day the Lord comes we will not know that exact hour or date as written in mathew 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no [man], no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. so we obviously know its not going to be tomorrow. but as a christian just a question to think about. If God was going to come tomorrow what would you do differently today then you normally do? what would you change? how would you spend those last hours? and why don't you live like that always? Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come matthew 24:42

just something nice that came to mind that i was pondering myself
what i would do differently would be to give god more of my time, let all my family and loved ones close to me know how much i really love them.
i would change how much time i spend worrying and aguing instead of loving
the last hours would be spent in prayer, worship, reading my bible, and bringing whoever i can to christ.
I don't live like that always because as a human im selfish and i take things for granted, but i plan to do better through my father in heaven

fun3oo

Asked by fun3oo at 2:36 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Not a Christian but just a thought (and this is probably the point you're meaning to make) but seeing as the Bible says No man would know the time. day or hour (or something to that affect) isn't the point of it to take all those things on your "If the world were to end tomorrow" list and apply it EVERYDAY rather than wait until someone comes along with a prediction date (that will inevitably fail) and then start thinking about how you would spend your time differently
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:39 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Love and live for each day without fear or dead. How can you enjoy life with a fear of the impending end of the world?
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 2:53 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I have often wondered why some people get so obsessed with the end of the world that the present with all its wonders and miracles just slip right by ignored.

I prefer to try and live by these sayings: Live well, Laugh often and Love much .... Dance as though no one is watching you. Love as though you have never been hurt before. Sing as though no one can hear you. Live as though heaven is on earth.

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 3:09 PM on May. 20, 2011

• That's what I thought, I just wanted to clarify, and even though I'm not a Christian and don't believe in the rapture I agree that we should live as if it were our last day and make sure we do the things we should, such as letting loved one's know we love them, everyday, and just give it our all.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:46 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Christian or not -we should all do what we can to be the best we can every day- regardless of what tomorrow will bring
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:50 PM on May. 20, 2011

• but remember that the lord said also they are going to be falls prohets ... so trust our jesus christ he will come one day and yes i hope everyone is ready... im christiain i love my lord he gave me another chance to be here with my family kids and my hubby i had a bad perganice and i was hospitized for about 5 month and i had my baby 30 weeks thank god my son is normal and i was in bad condition wheni had my son my surgery was 15hrs and my heart stop for 3 mins and i lost 123 units of blood so im blessed im here i trust him and hey if he come tommorrow im ready if not i'll be wailting for him..... god bless
    avonbuyorsell

Answer by avonbuyorsell at 3:09 PM on May. 20, 2011

• kRISTI: EXACTLY, WE SHOULD DEFFINITLY LIVE EVERYDAY AS IF IN THAT SECOND IT WOULD BE THE LAST :) THATS WHY I WROTE THIS POST
    fun3oo

Comment by fun3oo (original poster) at 2:41 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I wouldnt be doing anything any differently. The only difference would be maybe keeping the kids home from school so we could be together, but since that is against the law well I cant do that every day.

Answer by gemgem at 2:44 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Our world as we know it will end someday, that's why we live each day as if it's our last. Rapture is just a way to put the fear of God into the hearts of those who don't know better.
    daps

Answer by daps at 3:06 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Avon- you have modern medicine to thank for your survival and recovery.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:21 PM on May. 20, 2011