San Francisco to Vote on Anti-Circumcision Law

"This is a serious tradition, one for which Jews have fought and sacrificed throughout our long history. It is not harmful, and it may have medical benefits. The proposed ban should and will be opposed by all right-thinking people of any religious faith and by decent people without faith who recognize the rights of parents to decide, within broad limits, what is best for their own children."

This is funny coming from a very liberal state?

"We have the right to do what we want to our bodies" like get a abortion, kill a baby.

When are you going to see the Government has NO right to tell us what we think is best for our family.

I can not believe the gays are for this B S?

What is going on in San Francisco, people there are fighting for rights and the same time they are going to vote in to take rights away from parents????

gammie

Asked by gammie at 2:38 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• If uncircumcised penises have the same health benefit as circumcised ones why did the US spent several hundred thousand dollars teaching uncircumcised AA males how to properly clean their tinky winky's?

I am amazed how people have no qualms with murdering a child though abortion, but are outraged by circumcision.

IMO, it is a huge overreach by the govt disguised as "we know what is best."
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:29 PM on May. 20, 2011

• How about everyone just minds their own business and does with their children what they want? This is a private parental matter PLUS it's the first amendment right of the Jewish community since in their faith circumcision is routine. If this passes then we have bigger problems than a piece of foreskin, we have the goverment trampling on our rights as Americans...How ANYONE could think this is a good thing is beyond me.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 3:31 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I also think the parallel between male circumcision and female circumcision doesn't compare .... female circumcision is more akin to castration than circumcision, and the purpose is totally different. In fact, circumcision on a female is a bit of a misnomer.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 4:28 PM on May. 20, 2011

• It is NOT purely cosmetic! It completely eliminates the risk of penile cancer. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion regarding circumsizing their boys. My point is it's not the governments place to decide for us. There OUR children!!!!!!!!!!
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 3:00 PM on May. 20, 2011

• This law is ridiculous. The government is getting ridiculous and this should be a parents choice. Furthermore, I don't see why anyone else cares what someone chooses to do with their child. Live and let live, mind your own damn buisness, and worry about yourself and your own children. Getting into everyone elses buisness is just stupid.
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 3:53 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I don't see what people are trying to accomplish with the vote.

It won't pass the constitutional test, and San Francisco is only 7-square-miles, with plenty of transportation options out of the city. While they're battling in the courts (assuming it passes) every jew and parent who wishes to have their boy circumcised will just hop over to Oakland to get it done.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 4:04 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Regardless of your feelings about circumcision, the government has ZERO authority to ban circumcision just as it would have no authority to ban breastfeeding toddlers. No one says that you have to like circumcision, but if I can't force circumcision on you, (or uncircumcision) then the government doesn't have the authority to either.

whensoever the general government

-Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 4:08 PM on May. 20, 2011

• You can do whatever you want with your kids as long as you don't tell me how to raise mine. We can all think for ourselves.
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 4:09 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Eilish that's what I was trying to say but some people are very closed minded and are too busy trying to be right.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 4:12 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Big Brother (and not the reality show!)
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:40 PM on May. 20, 2011