What is the best way to not fight with hubby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• Stick to the FACTS of why you're angry. Don't use the words ALWAYS or NEVER. As in "You ALWAYS do/say/act..." or "You NEVER do/say/act...."

If you cannot argue amicably, and feel the need to curse uncontrollably or want to hit or throw things, then it's best to give yourself a "time out" and when you can construct a clear argument THEN confront your hubby.

I always felt that in the heat of the moment people often say or do things they REALLY think and feel, as your "censor button" is temporarily disabled. It is times like that, that make you wonder if that is what your SO really thinks of you. Over time it can create resentment and doubt. My husband and I have a rule that it's best to just walk away, cool down, and when calm and rational, to then try and discuss the problem. Sometimes it can take repeating this rule several times until we get through the issue, but I feel we end up closer as a result.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:22 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• just laugh
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:35 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Depends on what youre fighting about.
    Anonymous

• dont get married. ;)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:41 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Hey, sometimes you HAVE to fight. But the stupid fights can be avoided...just THINK before you speak.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:41 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• just agree wiht everything he says....even if you don't.....unless it's somthing major....men are like kids you have to choose your battles....if it's not worth fighting over....don't....if he continues.. leave the room...but remember all good relationships have arguments in them and anyone who tells tou any diff. is a lier...no one can agree on everyhing all the time
    Anonymous

• Men really are like children....you'll have fights in any relationship. Sometimes I choose to argue with him and sometimes I walk away and mutter about him under my breath.
    Anonymous

• I have to just bite my tongue. VERY VERY hard for me and sometimes it doesn't work but it's either that or ignore him which pisses him off even more lol.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:59 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I don't know of any one who doesn't have arguments, I have always thought that they were an important part of a relationship, as long as things don't escalate into anything violent then there's nothing wrong with them. Now if you two are arguing every day about little things then there is something wrong and perhaps you should reevaluate your relationship.
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 3:55 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• i just tell him how i feel rather then say you are wrong and things like that. thats how we do it and it works for us accept when i get really hurt or i know my hormones get the most me and i can't handle talking in the usual manner. sometimes i really want to hurt him. just cause i can't handle the pain.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:03 PM on Dec. 7, 2008