Do you believe someone close to you will "hang on" ...........

when they are dying until they can see/speak to you?

Dahis

Asked by Dahis at 2:58 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Strangly enough, I do. My grandfather declined after my grandmother passed away. We had to get a 24 hour aid and he was just not himself. During my pregnancy he was in and out of the hospital and subacute nursing facility (that i work at) and it was the height of his sickness. His weight loss, lack of appetite, mood swings, everything was spiraling out of control. I visit him as much as i could during my pregnancy. We ended up being in the hospital at the same time. He was discharged home on the 12th, me the 13th. He was put on hospice the 13th, and the first place i went when i left with my 3 day old son was over to his house. My family said he hadn't opened his eyes all day and was on morphine. I sat next to him and said "grandpa, say hello to your great-grandson, his name is Damian Joseph" (my grandpas first name was joseph). He opened his eyes for a few second for the first time that day. He died the following morning.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 3:05 PM on May. 20, 2011

• No. It happens, or it coincidentally happens, that is. But just as often the person trying to get there can't get there in time, or doesn't find out in time. To suggest it's possible and doesn't always happen is to suggest the ones who don't didn't care "as much". Not a generalization I'd agree with.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:00 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Oh yes....my husband.
    24businessmom86

Answer by 24businessmom86 at 3:03 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I do.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 3:06 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Yes I believe that very much so because my cat just died 2 months ago d he was in critical condition and I went to see him and he was okay and when I left the vet called me not even 10 minutes later to say he passed on. so i believe he stayed alive just to see me one last time Alicia
    aliciareichle

Answer by aliciareichle at 3:06 PM on May. 20, 2011

• It has never happened to me but I have seen this happen numerous times.

Answer by older at 3:10 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I have heard about it happening but never had it happen to me personally
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 3:20 PM on May. 20, 2011

• No
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:23 PM on May. 20, 2011

• No
    Obi.Ren.Kenobi

Answer by Obi.Ren.Kenobi at 3:39 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Yes
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:54 PM on May. 20, 2011