A question for mom's who get child support and are on state medical

I know my ex is paying my past TANF and I was wondering if I got on state medical if he would have to pay a portion of that as well or if I can just get on medical without him having to pay any of it, I know he has to pay for our daughter's insurance so I don't know about mine?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• No. He wouldn't have to pay for your PA, he is not responsible for you.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 3:18 PM on May. 20, 2011

• my ex is paying child support... haha just kidding hes SUPPOSED to be paying child support but doesnt. with every payment i get every few months or so a portion gets taken out of it for Medicaid n me n my daughter are both on it so i think hes paying for both
    tazzii310

Answer by tazzii310 at 3:18 PM on May. 20, 2011

• He is only responsible for your DD.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:20 PM on May. 20, 2011

• he's only responsible for his daughter, your medical is down to you........but if you were to buy an insurance plan he would have to pay a percentage of it and any medical payments are spilt between the both of you.

my husband is paying child support to his ex wife, we have family medical insurance $50 dollors was taken off c/s a month to cover his sons half plus, judge said any bills related to medical/dental were to b spilt its nothing to do with c/s.

if u file for medicaid for your daughter, they will take money from your child support how much they take i dont know depends on the state u are in.

gem05

Answer by gem05 at 4:50 AM on May. 21, 2011