Which name is better ?

My brother told me about a problem he and his wife are having with naming their first baby ( due in Sept) ....

Now i do like my SIL , but anyone who knows her knows how she is -- which means she is always one who likes to cause drama and wants alot of attention ( like you could be talking to her about one thing, she will interupt you to say something about herself that has nothing at all to do with what you were saying) ...

Anyways I told my brother that I agree with his name, not just because he is my brother but because 1. she picked the first name ( the he hated) 2.his name is more relevant and 3. it just sound better.

She chose the name Madison ( but they are going to call her Maddie ) My brother didnt want to name her that at all because we already have a madison in the family and he just doesnt like it since it is so popular.

For middle names she chose LEE ... the story is because... She has this wonderful uncle who died and has always wanted someone to name their baby after him.... This is what she tells people... but the fact is ( what her mom has said) ... He was a drunk who fought with everyone and there are several Lees in her family already ( and they are all drunks lol ) .. not only that but he died several years before my SIL was even born, so it is silly that she wants to name the baby in honor of a man she never even knew...

My brother wants the middle name to be Renee because our aunt who RECENTLY passed away - we were VERY close with her, she was the one who took care of us when we were little ( when our parents were at work) and even after we grew up we still seen her almost everyday... when she died my brother took it very hard because he was so close to her.

I am asking this basically on part of my brother ( he wants to see that he isnt the only one who thinks he is right about the name) .... and he thinks it fair since she chose a first name he didnt like.

and honestly what sounds better:

madison / maddy Lee

Madison / Maddy Renee

?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Baby Names

• Well this isn't your battle and you have n say in it but I like Madison Lee better
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:22 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I like Maddy Lee

Answer by older at 3:23 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Personally I love Madison Leigh. My sisters middle name is Leigh so I'm partial too it. They are both pretty names, and seriously it's not a matter of who is right or wrong when naming a baby...Jeesh they need to pick 3 or 4 names and if they can't agree write them each on a piece of paper and draw it out of a hat...this is a "Petty" thing to want to be "right" over.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 3:24 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I like Madison Renee. It does sound better and unique.
    24businessmom86

Answer by 24businessmom86 at 3:24 PM on May. 20, 2011

• first poster... I said I asked this on "behalf" of my brother... he is here, while I was on cafemom, I said I would get other opinions...

She took a vote amoung their friends and her co-workers, so he wants votes too lol

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:27 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Madison / Maddy Renee
    Kambrosino07

Answer by Kambrosino07 at 3:27 PM on May. 20, 2011

• To me (and him )... maddy lee sounds funny when you say it

They plan on having more kids and he also said he would rather save LEE ( since she wont spell it the other way) .. for if they have a boy
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:29 PM on May. 20, 2011

• If there's already a Madison in the family, why don't they pick something else? He clearly doesn't want that name, and he should put his foot down. If they DO go with one, I like Madison Lee better, but I would SERIOUSLY start coming up with something completely different. Maybe he can find a name that will totally win her over...
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 3:31 PM on May. 20, 2011

• He has tried and even told her that he wont call her madison.... she refuses and she argues about it all of the time, she said she has wanted that name since she was a kid ( but I remember when they first started dating the name she said she always planned on naming her first kid was Neveah) ... he said he was tired of fighting about it and figured she would let him give her the middle name ( i think he plans on calling her renee ) ....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:34 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Madison/ Maddy Renee sounds better

Madison Lee sounds kinda weird to me O.o
    Lizzypuppylove

Answer by Lizzypuppylove at 3:34 PM on May. 20, 2011