Anyone miss being at the bottom of the stairs?

I had promotion lately I'm an assistant manager in a doughnut shop here since a month and a half, and since then I missed being behind the cash register. I do all the paperwork the training etc etc... It's annoying me, do you think I could ask to be retrograded back to my old job? I thought assistant manager was gonna be cool but I don't think so anymore... Have you been through the same thing?

SamJ321

Asked by SamJ321 at 3:25 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Money & Work

• I understand. It's easier just showing up and doing what you're told than having to make decisions. However, you're now moving up the ladder. Future employers will appreciate your new experience!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 3:51 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Think of it as a learning opportunity! After you have been in this position for a year, start looking for a management position

Answer by rkoloms at 1:16 PM on May. 21, 2011