My husbands boss ....

is an asshole.
That is putting it mildly. Here are a few examples. Dh has been known to get split weekends(no other boss does this as often as him). This weekend is Sat/Friday. He tends to give a lot of splits in month or long work strethes--like 8 days often. Dh works graveyard. He asked for our son's b-day off and the assisatant manager gave it to him. The asshat boss went and changed it. It is his first week back on(he is also assistant manager but can write schedules).
It can be added that no one likes him--no one. It is not just dh. This summer is going to suck because he is writing the shedule+ he does not give dh the hours. Dh works long stretched, split weekends, can't ask for a day off and ended up using his vacation hours to supppliment his loss of hours. It is not like this when the other guy is in charge. . His grandma is having an Anniversary and he is afraid to ask for it off. He won't ask for Fathers day offf because we know he if he gets it off he will get something like a 3 day weekend and we don't have the money to be doing that or he will definitely give a split weekend. SUCKS.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Money & Work

• His boss sounds like he just likes the power of being able to mess with people. The good news is people like this usually mess up sooner or later and will be gone. Just hope it happens soon.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:40 PM on May. 20, 2011

• My dh doesn't get days off doe fathers day nor Grandmas anniversary. The employer will gladly give days off to workers who require sick days. The only thing you can do as many do it is ask for a sick day. Stop talking about parties.
    Anonymous

• I sympathize. There are tons of asshole bosses out there. I can't stand my DH's boss. The few times I've had to be around him he is all smiles and only the knowledge that DH needs that job for another year makes it possible for me to get through it.
    Anonymous

• He only asked for one party off and that is my son's b-day. He never asked for mothers day off or anything. He just works it. Dh also does not ask for Thanksgiving or anything...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:45 PM on May. 20, 2011

• @ryans mom--that is exactly what he is doing and I hope he is gone soon.
    Dh won't ask for days off because he knows better
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:47 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Your husband's boss sounds like my husband's boss. This one *ahem* witch *ahem* is one of those bosses that takes all the credit and none of the blame. Instead of teaching/retraining her employees she yells at them to fix their problems. I've met her a couple of times and would dearly LOVE to slap her so hard her makeup falls off.

My husband has been in the same high stress position for 5+ years, has made it absolutely clear that he wants a transfer for 3+ years and she blocks his every effort of trying to transfer. If we didn't need the money he'd tell her where to "take this job and shove it".
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:12 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I have trained managers for the past twenty years in fast food you can always tell the ones who are going to be ass hats because they have no power in their life and it sucks because the ones who suck the most get the most hours.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:25 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Have him call in sick on grammas anniversary. He has sick pay right?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:54 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Is he looking for a new position?

Answer by rkoloms at 1:17 PM on May. 21, 2011

• no, no new position
    he does have sick pay;)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:32 PM on May. 21, 2011