Needs more Pharmaceutical Sales Representative information...

I would like to become a Pharmaceutical Sales Representative in the future.  Right now I am planning on entering a pharmacy tech training program so I can become a pharmacy technician.  Then, I am planning on getting a Bachelor's of General Studies degree.  After I obtain my bachelor's degree, I am planning on looking for jobs in the Pharmaceutical Sales field that I will qualify for. Cafemoms that knows about the pharmaceutical sales field, please tell me if I am on the right track with trying to become a pharmaceutical sales representative.

Diamond2010

Asked by Diamond2010 at 3:38 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Money & Work

• I went through Respiratory School. I did apply to some pharmaceutical companies at that time, but I was told they are looking for people with at least a two-year Associate's Degree. Some companies will give you a chance based on your experience in you have completed some type of certification program like I did, but not many. Also, I was told it did not matter what kind of degree you had as long as you had one. A Pharmaceutical Sales Rep is just like any other sales position. You would get your in depth training from the company you work with.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:39 PM on May. 20, 2011